Monitors MegaRAID controllers with the check_lsi_raid Nagios plugin from Thomas-Krenn.
This subordinate charm is used to monitor MegaRAID controllers via NRPE (Nagios Remote Plugin Executor) with the check_lsi_raid Nagios plugin from Thomas-Krenn.
This charm installs the StorCLI tool (Storage Command Line Tool) which is used interact with the MegaRAID controller on the host.
This charm can be deployed to any principal application, but requires that the nrpe charm is deployed and related to it.
Here is an example where
ubuntu is the principal application:
juju deploy cs:~huntdatacenter/megaraid-check juju deploy nrpe juju deploy ubuntu juju deploy nagios juju add-relation nrpe ubuntu juju add-relation nrpe megaraid-check juju add-relation ubuntu megaraid-check juju add-relation nagios nrpe
Here are some helpful commands to get started with development and testing:
$ make help lint Run linter build Build charm deploy Deploy charm upgrade Upgrade charm force-upgrade Force upgrade charm test-xenial-bundle Test Xenial bundle test-bionic-bundle Test Bionic bundle push Push charm to stable channel clean Clean .tox and build help Show this help
- (string) The parameters for the check_lsi_raid check. See 'check_lsi_raid --help' for more information.
- (string) The repository to clone the check_lsi_raid plugin from. Using forked repository as default due to https://github.com/thomas-krenn/check_lsi_raid/issues/24 Upstream bug prevents usage of newer StorCLI versions. See https://github.com/thomas-krenn/check_lsi_raid.git for upstream repository.
- (string) The versions of the check_lsi_raid repository to check out. This can be a branch, tag or hash. See 'version' parameter in https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/modules/git_module.html for more information.
- (string) Used by the nrpe subordinate charms. A string that will be prepended to instance name to set the host name in nagios. So for instance the hostname would be something like: juju-myservice-0 If you're running multiple environments with the same services in them this allows you to differentiate between them.
- (string) A comma-separated list of nagios servicegroups. If left empty, the nagios_context will be used as the servicegroup
- (string) The path to the StorCLI executable. The default path is from the upstream StorCLI package.
- (string) The URL to an archived StorCLI package. Default is the upstream Broadcom download page. See https://www.broadcom.com/support/download-search for other versions.