Logstash is a data pipeline that helps you process logs and other event data
from a variety of systems. With 200 plugins and counting, Logstash can
connect to a variety of sources and stream data at scale to a central
A flexible, open source data collection, enrichment, and
transportation pipeline. With connectors to common infrastructure for easy
integration, Logstash is designed to efficiently process a growing list of log,
event, and unstructured data sources for distribution into a variety of outputs,
This charm makes use of
interface:java which means you will need to deploy
a compatible JRE along with the Logstash application. This allows the consumer to
swap the version of java being used by configuring the system's java installation.
juju deploy logstash juju deploy openjdk juju add-relation logstash openjdk
This charm is bundled for your convenience.
Typically Logstash is deployed along side its companion products
Elasticsearch and Kibana. This suite of applications is known as the
ELK stack, and is deployable today:
juju deploy ~elasticsearch-charmers/bundle/elk-stack
Testing the deployment
The applications provide extended status reporting to indicate when they are
This is particularly useful when combined with watch to track the on-going
progress of the deployment:
watch juju status
The message for each unit will provide information about that unit's state.
Once they all indicate that they are ready, you can use the provided
generate-noise action to test that the applications are working as expected:
juju run-action logstash/0 generate-noise watch juju show-action-status
Once the action is complete, you can retrieve the results:
juju show-action-output <action-id>
The <action-id> value will be in the
- Elasticsearch Charmers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- (int) Port used by beats. Beats are add on modules (search the charmstore for beat)
- (string) Index for Elasticsearch
- (string) APT repository key
- (string) APT repository to fetch logstash from
- deb https://artifacts.elastic.co/packages/6.x/apt stable main
- (int) The port used by legacy logstash agents to emit logs over TCP.
- (int) The port used by legacy logstash agents to emit logs over UDP.