This charm automates the installation of Nexus1K VEM(Virtual Ethernet Module). For any compute node and selectively network node VEM can be a subordinate service which provides virtual machine switch service.
- misc ›
VEM charm installs the Cisco Nexus 1000v virtual switch onto the compute/network nodes.
VEM charm is designed as a subordinate charm. The aim is to have this charm installed on the nova-compute and the quantum-gateway hosts.
In order to use Cisco Openstack solution we would need to install VEM on the nova-compute and quantum-gateway hosts. We need to have nova-compute deployed first and we would have vem charm as subordinate it.
In the config.yaml you can provide general config that will be common to all VEM hosts in environement. If you need to configure host-specific config to each host depending on its fqdn, a mapping file can be provided as a string to the variable called mapping.
juju deploy nova-compute juju deploy --config=config.yaml vem juju add-relation nova-compute vem juju set vem mapping="$(cat mapping.yaml)"
Here is a sample of the mapping file:
maas-node-1: host_mgmt_intf: eth0 uplink_profile: phys eth3 profile sys-uplink node_type: compute maas-node-3: host_mgmt_intf: eth0 uplink_profile: phys eth4 profile sys-uplink node_type: network vtep_config: 'virt vtep1-nw2 profile vxlan-vtep mode static address 220.127.116.11 netmask 255.255.0.0 mac 0e:1f:56:cf:82:53'
In this way, the hosts in the mapping mentioned in the mapping file will get these specific config which will overwrite the generate config provided in the config.yaml
Author: Shiva Prasad Rao email@example.com
Report bugs at: http://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+source/vem
- (string) Additional parameters for n1kv.conf file
- (string) Management interface of the Host
- (string) Host Specific configuration mapping
- (string) Repository from which to install vem binaries.eg. cisco private ppa. The value needs be input in the following format: "deb https://<user>:<auth-token>@private-ppa.launchpad.net/<archive>/ precise main|<keyid>"
- (string) Version number of VEM packages. If left blank, it will pick up the latest
- (int) Domain id this vsm will be controlling
- (string) Management ip of VSM
- (string) Function of this node in Cisco Openstack network
- (string) Port-Profile mapping for all UVEM managed Interfaces
- phys eth8 profile sys-uplink
- (string) VTEP config. Syntax: virt <port-name> profile <profile-name> [mode static|dhcp] [address <ipaddr>]
- (string) If vteps created are in same subnet for the purpose of loadbalancing, rpf checking is set to loose mode for all interfaces on the compute node and the quantum-gateway