This charm is used to advertise virtual IP of scaled services via BGP.
The use case is for router fabric based HA.
The service to be exported can be monitred via a healthcheck command. The route is withdrawn if the service is unavailable.
juju deploy bgp-advertiser apache-vip
juju config apache-vip ...
juju relate apache-vip apache
Scale out Usage
Scale out the principal unit this is related to.
Known Limitations and Issues
Currently only one instance of this charm can be deployed per machine
Upstream Project Name
- (string) Space separated list of extra deb packages to install.
- (string) Service healthcheck command. VIP is anncounced as long as check passes
- (int) Optional hold time. 0 to disable
- (string) List of signing keys for install_sources package sources, per charmhelpers standard format (a yaml list of strings encoded as a string). The keys should be the full ASCII armoured GPG public keys. While GPG key ids are also supported and looked up on a keyserver, operators should be aware that this mechanism is insecure. null can be used if a standard package signing key is used that will already be installed on the machine, and for PPA sources where the package signing key is securely retrieved from Launchpad.
- (string) List of extra apt sources, per charm-helpers standard format (a yaml list of strings encoded as a string). Each source may be either a line that can be added directly to sources.list(5), or in the form ppa:<user>/<ppa-name> for adding Personal Package Archives, or a distribution component to enable.
- (int) Local AS number (Autonomous System Numer)
- (string) Comma separated list of neighbor IP addresses
- (string) The status of service-affecting packages will be set to this value in the dpkg database. Valid values are "install" and "hold".
- (int) Peer AS number (Autonomous System Numer)
- (string) Router ID
- (string) List of virtual IP address to be announced. Comma separated in CIDR format