Pentaho Data Integration is the component of Pentaho that is responsible for the Extract, Transform and Load processs
This charm provides Pentaho Data Intergration (PDI, which is also know as Kettle) PDI is the component od Pentaho that is responsible for the Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes. ETL tools are most frequently used in data warehouse environments, PDI can also be used for other purposes such as Migrating data between applications or databases.
Deploying the charm is as simple as:
juju deploy ~spiculecharms/pentaho-data-integration
To interact with PDI you can run one of the following:
pentaho-data-integration-spicule.pan pentaho-data-integration-spicule.spoon pentaho-data-integration-spicule.kitchen
The charm has been built with relations to Mysql and telegraf so that metrics can be easily extracted to Grafana. Grafana is the open platform for analytics and dashboards
Known Limitations and Issues
Currently doesn't scale. Limited database connections.
Configuration options coming soon
- (string) The password used to connect to Carte.
- (string) The default Carte port for remote job execution and monitoring.
- (string) default snap channel
- (string) Override the default JAVA_OPTS to set memory limits etc.
- (string) Used by the nrpe subordinate charms. A string that will be prepended to instance name to set the host name in nagios. So for instance the hostname would be something like: juju-myservice-0 If you're running multiple environments with the same services in them this allows you to differentiate between them.
- (string) A comma-separated list of nagios servicegroups. If left empty, the nagios_context will be used as the servicegroup
- (boolean) Run the Carte server for remote execution of PDI jobs
- (string) HTTP/HTTPS web proxy for Snappy to use when accessing the snap store.