OpenContrail is a network virtualization solution that provides an overlay
virtual-network to virtual-machines, containers or network namespaces.
. This charm provides the Web UI node component.
- openstack ›
OpenContrail (www.opencontrail.org) is a fully featured Software Defined
Networking (SDN) solution for private clouds. It supports high performance
isolated tenant networks without requiring external hardware support. It
provides a Neutron plugin to integrate with OpenStack.
This charm is designed to be used in conjunction with the rest of the OpenStack
related charms in the charm store to virtualize the network that Nova Compute
instances plug into.
This charm provides the Web UI component which contains the
Only OpenStack Icehouse or newer is supported.
Keystone, Contrail Configuration and Cassandra are prerequisite services to
Once ready, deploy and relate as follows:
juju deploy contrail-webui juju add-relation contrail-webui keystone juju add-relation contrail-webui:cassandra cassandra:database # contrail versions prior 3.1 juju add-relation contrail-webui:contrail_api contrail-configuration:contrail-api juju add-relation contrail-webui:contrail_discovery contrail-configuration:contrail-discovery
The version of OpenContrail installed when deploying can be changed using the
'install-sources' option. This is a multilined value that may refer to PPAs or Deb repositories.
Secure HTTPS/SSL Connections
HTTPS is enabled by default (port 8143) and also set with:
juju set contrail-webui use-https=true
A self-signed X.509 certificate will be generated for SSL use by default, but
you may specify one with the 'ssl-cert' and 'ssl-key' options. This is easier to
do using a YAML file:
# config.yaml contrail-webui: ssl-cert: | -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- ... -----END CERTIFICATE----- ssl-key: | -----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY----- ... -----END PRIVATE KEY----- juju set --config config.yaml contrail-webui
High Availability (HA)
Multiple units of this charm can be deployed to support HA deployments:
juju add-unit contrail-webui
Relating to haproxy charm (website relation) allows multiple units to be load
juju add-relation contrail-webui haproxy
- (string) Optional URL to an icon file with the site favicon to be used. NOTE: it will get downloaded and cached every time the config is updated. If empty, the default will be used.
- (int) Port to listen for HTTP requests on.
- (int) Port to listen for HTTPS requests on.
- (string) Apt keys for package install sources
- (string) Package sources for install
- - "ppa:opencontrail/ppa" - "ppa:opencontrail/r2.20"
- (string) Optional URL to an image file with the site logo to be used. NOTE: it will get downloaded and cached every time the config is updated. If empty, the default will be used.
- (string) PEM encoded X.509 CA certificate for use in SSL.
- (string) PEM encoded X.509 certificate for use in SSL. A self-signed certificate will be generated for use if ssl-cert and ssl-key are not set.
- (string) PEM encoded private key for use in SSL. A self-signed certificate will be generated for use if ssl-cert and ssl-key are not set.
- (boolean) Use HTTPS. HTTP requests will be redirected to HTTPS.