The MidoNet API service provides the integration point between external
network configuration (typically Neutron) and the internal MidoNet
configuration. In order to provide this service, it needs access to an Apache
quorum and an OpenStack Keystone authentication service.
This charm installs the midonet-api which is the component that receives the
network definitions from neutron via its MidoNet plugin and converts it into
the MidoNet network overlay configuration in Apache Zookeeper that is consumed
by the MidoNet Host Agents in order to perform the network simulations that
will populate the flows.
The MidoNet API is hosted by an Apache Tomcat servlet and the version (upstream
opensource or downstream MEM) that is installed is determined by the
midonet-origin configuration. Its defaults come from the midonet-midonet
puppet module in puppet forge.
The API won't be functional until it has joined relations with keystone and
zookeeper hosts, as they are necessary for authentication and data keeping.
juju deploy midonet-api
juju add-relation midonet-api zookeeper
juju add-relation midonet-api keystone
- (int) Which port to run the MidoNet API server
- (string) Default network interface on which HA cluster will bind to communication with the other members of the HA Cluster.
- (int) Default multicast port number that will be used to communicate between HA Cluster nodes.
- (string) The Midokura Enterprise MidoNet password credentials to access the repository.
- (string) The Midokura Enterprise MidoNet username credentials to access the repository.
- (string) 'mem-1.8', 'mem-1.9', 'midonet-2015.06' NOTE: updating this setting to a source that is known to provide a later version of MidoNet (do not change between MEM and MidoNet) will trigger a software upgrade.
- (string) Repository from which to install. May be one of the following: distro (default), ppa:somecustom/ppa, a deb url sources entry, or a supported Cloud Archive release pocket. Supported Cloud Archive sources include: cloud:<series>-<openstack-release> cloud:<series>-<openstack-release>/updates cloud:<series>-<openstack-release>/staging cloud:<series>-<openstack-release>/proposed For series=Trusty we support cloud archives for openstack-release: * juno * kilo * ... NOTE: updating this setting to a source that is known to provide a later version of OpenStack will trigger a software upgrade. NOTE: when openstack-origin-git is specified, openstack specific packages will be installed from source rather than from the openstack-origin repository.
- (string) The Openstack region on which it will run.
- (string) Virtual IPv4 to use to front API services in HA configuration.
- (int) Default CIDR netmask to use for HA vip when it cannot be automatically determined.
- (string) Default network interface to use for HA vip when it cannot be automatically determined.
- (boolean) Enable VTEP functionality.