Quobyte is a distributed file system that turns commodity servers into a unified software storage system. As a genuine data center file system it supports high-performance workloads ranging from Big Data to VMs. It is completely fault-tolerant and massively scalable. . Quobyte simplifies the design, deployment, and management of storage infrastructures of any size. . The Quobyte-Client charm provides a Quobyte Volume as a mounted folder.
Describe the intended usage of this charm and anything unique about how this charm relates to others here.
This README will be displayed in the Charm Store, it should be either Markdown or RST. Ideal READMEs include instructions on how to use the charm, expected usage, and charm features that your audience might be interested in. For an example of a well written README check out Hadoop: http://jujucharms.com/charms/precise/hadoop
Use this as a Markdown reference if you need help with the formatting of this README: http://askubuntu.com/editing-help
This charm provides service. Add a description here of what the service itself actually does.
Also remember to check the icon guidelines so that your charm looks good in the Juju GUI.
Step by step instructions on using the charm:
juju deploy servicename
and so on. If you're providing a web service or something that the end user needs to go to, tell them here, especially if you're deploying a service that might listen to a non-default port.
You can then browse to http://ip-address to configure the service.
Scale out Usage
If the charm has any recommendations for running at scale, outline them in examples here. For example if you have a memcached relation that improves performance, mention it here.
Known Limitations and Issues
This not only helps users but gives people a place to start if they want to help you add features to your charm.
The configuration options will be listed on the charm store, however If you're making assumptions or opinionated decisions in the charm (like setting a default administrator password), you should detail that here so the user knows how to change it immediately, etc.
Though this will be listed in the charm store itself don't assume a user will know that, so include that information here:
Upstream Project Name
- Upstream website
- Upstream bug tracker
- Upstream mailing list or contact information
- Feel free to add things if it's useful for users
- (string) Name of folder to create and mount Volumes to.
- (boolean) Quobyte depends on an Oracle Java 8 Installation. Set parameter to accept the Java License, obtainable at http://java.com/license
- (boolean) Set parameter to accept the Quobyte License, obtainable at http://www.quobyte.com/cloud/juju/assets/license
- (string) Set to customer repository id. The default is a placeholder id.
- (string) Quobyte Volume to mount. If left empty all Volumes show up as subfolder at the location given at mount_point.