The PLUMgrid Director is the control plane of PLUMgrid ONS for OpenStack. The configuration of the virtual network infrastructure for tenants is done through the PLUMgrid Director. The PLUMgrid Director is typically co-located on the OpenStack controller nodes.
- openstack ›
About the PLUMgrid Platform
The PLUMgrid Platform is a software-only solution that provides a rich set of distributed network functions such as routers, switches, NAT, IPAM, DHCP, and it also supports security policies, end-to-end encryption, and third party Layer 4-7 service insertion.
About Plumgrid Director
The Director is the brain of the PLUMgrid Platform. It is responsible for coordinating and managing all the other platform components. Based on PLUMgrid's distributed system architecture, it provides built-in high availability and scaling. The Director allows you to create Virtual Domains on a per tenant or application basis.
Once deployed this charm performs the configurations required for a PLUMgrid Director and starts the essential services on the node.
Instructions on using the charm:
juju deploy neutron-api juju deploy neutron-api-plumgrid juju deploy plumgrid-director juju add-relation neutron-api neutron-api-plumgrid
For plumgrid-director to work make the configuration in the neutron-api and neutron-api-plumgrid charms as specified in the configuration section below.
Known Limitations and Issues
This charm currently is in an initial phase in supporting Ubuntu 16.04.
plumgrid-director: plumgrid-virtual-ip: "192.168.100.250" install_sources: 'ppa:plumgrid-team/stable' install_keys: 'null' neutron-api-plumgrid: install_sources: 'ppa:plumgrid-team/stable' install_keys: 'null' enable-metadata: True neutron-api: neutron-plugin: "plumgrid" plumgrid-virtual-ip: "192.168.100.250"
Provide the virtual IP you want PLUMgrid GUI to be accessible. Make sure that it is the same IP specified in the neutron-api charm configuration for PLUMgrid. The virtual IP passed on in the neutron-api charm has to be same as the one passed in the plumgrid-director charm. Provide the source repo path for PLUMgrid Debs in 'install_sources' and the corresponding keys in 'install_keys'.
You can access the PG Console at https://192.168.100.250
In order to configure networking, PLUMgrid License needs to be posted.
juju set plumgrid-director plumgrid-license-key="$LICENSE_KEY"
- (boolean) Enable or disable Solutions API support.
- (string) Interfaces that will provide fabric connectivity on the director nodes. Provided in form of json in a string. Default value is MANAGEMENT which will configure the management interface as the fabric interface on each director.
- (string) Provide the respective keys of the install sources.
- (string) Provide the install source from where to install the PLUMgrid debs.
- (string) Provide the build version of iovisor package that needs to be installed
- (string) IP used by Solutions API to get/post cloud information.
- (string) Public SSH key of PLUMgrid LCM which is running PG-Tools.
- (string) The interface connected to PLUMgrid Managment network.
- (string) The MTU size for interfaces managed by director.
- (string) OpenStack release to determine solution version that will be posted to Solutions API server.
- (string) IP address of the PLUMgrid Operations VM Management interface.
- (string) Provide the build version of PLUMgrid packages that needs to be installed
- (string) Provide the PLUMgrid ONS License key.
- (string) Password to access PLUMgrid Director
- (string) Username to access PLUMgrid Director
- (string) IP address of the Director's Management interface. Same IP can be used to access PG Console.
- (int) Port used by Solutions API to get/post cloud information.
- (string) Zone name used by Solutions API to get/post cloud information.