Neutron is a virtual network service for OpenStack, and a part of
Netstack. Neutron provides an API to dynamically request and configure
virtual networks. PLUMgrid is a plugin in Neutron, which takes over
networking in the OpenStack environment.
PLUMgrid Neutron Plugin enables PLUMgrid Open Networking Suite, which is
a secure, comprehensive and open software solution that delivers terabits
of performance and scales across tens of thousands of workloads.
The product suite provides highly automated workflows that significantly
reduce the deployment time of OpenStack clouds, enables users to create
private Virtual Domains™ for their projects and is compatible with the
leading OpenStack distributions.
- openstack ›
About the PLUMgrid Platform
The PLUMgrid Platform is a software-only solution that provides a rich set of distributed network functions such as routers, switches, NAT, IPAM, DHCP, and it also supports security policies, end-to-end encryption, and third party Layer 4-7 service insertion.
This charm enables PLUMgrid Neutron plugin in an OpenStack environment.
Once deployed, the charm enables the necessary actions in the neutron-server container that allows the PLUMgrid plugin to take over networking for the OpenStack environment.
It is a subordinate charm to neutron-api charm.
Instructions on using the charm:
juju deploy neutron-api juju deploy neutron-api-plumgrid juju add-relation neutron-api neutron-api-plumgrid
To enable PLUMgrid in neutron make the configuration in the neutron-api charm as specified in the configuration section below.
Known Limitations and Issues
This charm currently doesn't support Ubuntu 16.04.
neutron-api-plumgrid: install_sources: 'ppa:plumgrid-team/stable' install_keys: 'null' enable-metadata: False neutron-api: neutron-plugin: "plumgrid" plumgrid-virtual-ip: "192.168.100.250"
Provide the source repo path for PLUMgrid Debs in 'install_sources' and the corresponding keys in 'install_keys'
The "neutron-plugin" config parameter is required to be "plumgrid" in the neutron-api charm to enable PLUMgrid.
Also the virtual IP on which PLUMgrid Console is going to be accessible should be specified in the "plumgrid-virtual-ip" config parameter.
- (string) Type of connector to be used. Supported types are 'distributed' and 'service'
- (boolean) If enabled networking plumgrid is installed from deb package on LCM instead of installation using pip
- (boolean) Toggles reverse flow creation for tap based policies
- (boolean) Enables/disables nova communication for metaconfig
- (boolean) Set as True to enable metadata support
- (string) Name of the supported hardware vendor
- (string) Provide the respective keys of the install sources
- (string) Provide the install source from where to install the PLUMgrid debs
- (boolean) If True neutron-api charm will install neutron packages for the plugin configured. Also needs to be set in neutron-api charm
- (string) Provide the build version of networking-plumgrid package that needs to be installed. Accepted values are either 'latest' (which installs latest networking-plumgrid package available) or a specific version for the package.
- (string) Provide the version of networking-plumgrid package that needs to be installed
- (string) Proxy address to install python modules behind a proxy
- (string) Provide the build version of plumgrid-pythonlib package that needs to be installed
- (string) Keystone project domain name
- (string) Password of the L2 gateway
- (string) Username of the L2 gateway
- (string) Keystone user domain name