OpenStack Services NRPE Checks
This charm provides OpenStack services checks for Nagios
# Build The fully built charm needs the following source branch * https://git.launchpad.net/~canonical-bootstack/bootstack-ops/+git/charm-openstack-services-checks
To build the charm, do:
Prepare the environment
mkdir -p layers charms/xenial export JUJU_REPOSITORY=$PWD/charms
Clone the repositories
pushd layers git clone https://git.launchpad.net/~canonical-bootstack/bootstack-ops/+git/charm-openstack-services-checks popd
Build the charm, and symlink for juju-1 compatibility
charm build layers/charm-openstack-services-checks ln -s ../builds/charm-openstack-services-checks charms/xenial
juju deploy local:xenial/openstack-services-checks
This charm supports relating to keystone, but keystone-credentials interface seems to be flaky, and hard to remove-relation, so the charm works around this by adding 'os-credentials' setting (see setting description hints)
juju set openstack-services-checks os-credentials=" ... " juju add-relation openstack-services-checks nagios
juju add-relation openstack-services-checks:identity-credentials keystone:identity-credentials
- (string) A space-separated list of DNS names to check. If any of the names are not resolvable, alert as CRITICAL.
- (string) Used by the nrpe subordinate charms. A string that will be prepended to instance name to set the host name in nagios. So for instance the hostname would be something like: juju-myservice-0 If you're running multiple environments with the same services in them this allows you to differentiate between them.
- (string) A comma-separated list of nagios servicegroups. If left empty, the nagios_context will be used as the servicegroup
- (int) Critical level for nova aggregate unit count check - setting this to -1 will effectively disable host aggregate checks.
- (int) Warning level for nova aggregate unit count check - setting this to -1 will effectively disable host aggregate checks.
- (string) Comma separated OpenStack credentials to be used by nagios. It is strongly recommended this be a user with a dedicated role, and not a full admin. Takes the format of username=foo, password=bar, credentials_project=baz, region_name=Region1, auth_url=http://127.0.0.1:35357
- (boolean) An option to specify whether you want Warning alerts in nagios for disabled nova-compute hosts.
- (string) base64 encoded SSL ca cert to use for OpenStack API client connections.