OpenStack Compute, codenamed Nova, is a cloud computing fabric controller. In
addition to its "native" API (the OpenStack API), it also supports the Amazon
This charm acts as a proxy to remotely configure multiple z/KVM or PowerKVM
hosts which are not running Ubuntu.
- openstack ›
This charm is in ALPHA state, currently in active development.
Developers can be reached on freenode channel #openstack-charms.
The nova-compute-proxy charm deploys OpenStack Nova Compute to a
pre-existing rpm-based Power8 PowerKVM or s390x z/KVM machine,
where the remainder of the Ubuntu OpenStack control plane and storage
applications are deployed to machines via MAAS.
To deploy a nova-compute-proxy service, have the following prepared in
- PowerKVM or z/KVM machine(s) manually provisioned, booted, accessible from
the control plane units, with network interfaces and storage ready to use.
- An ssh key that the charm can use to remotely execute installation and
- Yum repository/repositories or .iso file(s) which contain the appropriate
IBM OpenStack RPMs. If using .iso file(s), they must be loop-mounted
on the compute node host.
- Password-less sudo for the specified user configured on the compute node.
Once you have this setup you must configure the charm as follow:
- Apply the following charm config:
- remote-user: username used to access and configure the power node.
- remote-repos: Yum repository url(s) or file url(s)
- remote-hosts: IP address of power node
- remote-key: Private key string to use for access
remote-user: youruser remote-repos: file:///tmp/openstack-iso/openstack,file:///tmp/other-iso/repofs remote-key: | -----BEGIN DSA PRIVATE KEY----- MIIBugIBAAKBgQD3IG188Q07kQdbRJhlZqknNpoGDB1r9+XGq9+7nmWGKusbOn6L 5VdyoHnx0BvgHHJmOAvJ+39sex9KvToEM0Jfav30EfffVzIrjaZZBMZkO/kWkEdd TJrpMoW5nqiyNQRHCJWKkTiT7hNwS7AzUFkH1cR16bkabUfNhx3nWVsfGQIVAM7l FlrJwujvWxOOHIRrihVmnUylAoGBAKGjWAPuj23p2II8NSTfaK/VJ9CyEF1RQ4Pv +wtCRRE/DoN/3jpFnQz8Yjt6dYEewdcWFDG9aJ/PLvm/qX335TSz86pfYBd2Q3dp 9/RuaXTnLK6L/gdgkGcDXG8fy2kk0zteNjMjpzbaYpjZmIQ4lu3StUkwTm8EppZz b0KXUNhwAn8bSTxNIZnlfoYzzwT2XPjHMlqeFbYxJMo9Dk5+AY6+tmr4/uR5ySDD A+Txxh7RPhIBQwrIdGlOYOR3Mh03NcYuU+yrUsv4xLP8SeWcfiuAXFctXu0kzvPC uIQ1EfKCrOtbWPcbza2ipo1J8MN/vzLCu69Jdq8af0OqJFoDcY0vAhUAxh2BNdRr HyF1bGCP1t8JdMJVtb0= -----END DSA PRIVATE KEY----- remote-hosts: 10.10.10.10 10.10.10.11
- (string) Comma-separated list of key=value config flags. These values will be placed in the nova.conf [DEFAULT] section. Use with caution.
- (string) Set to 'host-model' to clone the host CPU feature flags; to 'host-passthrough' to use the host CPU model exactly; to 'custom' to use a named CPU model; to 'none' to not set any CPU model. If virt_type='kvm|qemu', it will default to 'host-model', otherwise it will default to 'none'. Defaults to 'host-passthrough' for ppc64el, ppc64le if no value is set.
- (string) Set to a named libvirt CPU model (see names listed in /usr/share/libvirt/cpu_map.xml). Only has effect if cpu_mode='custom' and virt_type='kvm|qemu'.
- (string) The data port will be added to br-data and will allow usage of flat or VLAN network types with Neutron.
- (boolean) Enabled debug level logging
- (boolean) Disable neutron based security groups - setting this configuration option will override any settings configured via the neutron-api charm. . BE CAREFUL - this option allows you to disable all port level security within an OpenStack cloud.
- (string) Instance path to use - empty means default of /var/lib/nova/instances
- (string) OpenStack release to use for configuration of remote compute node.
- (boolean) Enable suppression of ARP responses that don't match an IP address that belongs to the port from which they originate. . Only supported in OpenStack Liberty or newer, which has the required minimum version of Open vSwitch.
- (string) Username used to access rabbitmq queue
- (string) Rabbitmq vhost
- (string) Remote compute node hosts to manager; space delimited.
- (string) SSH key to use to access remote compute nodes.
- (string) sudo password on remote compute node (NOT recommended). Use ssh key instead.
- (string) Comma separated list of RPM repositorys of OpenStack packages to deploy to remote compute nodes.
- (string) Username used to access remote compute nodes.
- (int) Amount of memory in MB to reserve for the host. Defaults to 512MB.
- (boolean) By default, all services will log into their corresponding log files. Setting this to True will force all services to log to the syslog.
- (boolean) Enabled verbose level logging