Principal charm that deploys ovn-northd, the OVN central control daemon, and ovsdb-server, the Open vSwitch Database (OVSDB).
The ovn-northd daemon is responsible for translating the high-level OVN configuration into logical configuration consumable by daemons such as ovn-controller.
The ovn-northd process talks to OVN Northbound- and Southbound- databases.
The ovsdb-server exposes endpoints over relations implemented by the ovsdb interface.
The charm supports clustering of the OVSDB, you must have a odd number of units for this to work. Note that write performance decreases as you increase the number of units.
Running multiple ovn-northd daemons is supported and they will operate in active/passive mode. The daemon uses a locking feature in the OVSDB to automatically choose a single active instance.
- (boolean) Allow the charm and packages to restart services automatically when required.
- (string) A string that will be prepended to instance name to set the host name in nagios. So for instance the hostname would be something like: juju-myservice-0 If you're running multiple environments with the same services in them this allows you to differentiate between them.
- (string) Comma separated list of nagios servicegroups for the service checks.
- (int) Raft leader election timeout in seconds. The charm allows a value between 1 and 60 seconds. . The Open vSwitch ovsdb-server default of 1 second may not be sufficient for a loaded cluster where the database server may be too busy serving requests to respond to elections in time. . Using a higher value will increase the time to discover a real failure, but you must weigh that against the risk of spurious leader flapping and the unwanted churn that entails. . NOTE: The ovsdb-server will refuse to decrease or increase the value of this timer more than 2x the current value. The charm will compensate for this and decrease / increase the timer in increments, but care should be taken to not decrease / increase the value too much in one operation.
- (int) Maximum number of seconds of idle time on connection to client before sending an inactivity probe message. The Open vSwitch ovsdb-server default of 5 seconds may not be sufficient depending on type and load of the CMS you want to connect to OVN.
- (string) Repository from which to install OVS+OVN May be one of the following: distro (default) ppa:somecustom/ppa (PPA name must include UCA OpenStack Release name) deb url sources entry|key id or a supported Ubuntu Cloud Archive pocket. Supported Ubuntu Cloud Archive pockets include: cloud:xenial-pike cloud:xenial-queens cloud:bionic-rocky Note that updating this setting to a source that is known to provide a later version of Ceph will trigger a software upgrade.