Open vSwitch is a production quality, multilayer, software-based, Ethernet virtual switch. It is designed to enable massive network automation through programmatic extension, while still supporting standard management interfaces and protocols (e.g. NetFlow, IPFIX, sFlow, SPAN, RSPAN, CLI, LACP, 802.1ag). In addition, it is designed to support distribution across multiple physical servers similar to VMware's vNetwork distributed vswitch or Cisco's Nexus 1000V. . OpenDaylight is a network virtualization solution that provides an overlay virtual-network to virtual-machines, containers or network namespaces. . This charm integrates Open vSwitch into OpenDayLight as part of an OpenStack Cloud.
- openstack ›
This subordinate charm provides OpenvSwitch integration with an OpenDayLight (ODL) controller.
Its design to support deployment of principle charms as part of an ODL SDN deployment.
It also optionally supports deployment and configuration with OpenStack Compute (Nova).
To deploy (partial deployment only - see other charms for full details):
juju deploy openvswitch-odl juju deploy odl-controller juju add-relation odl-controller openvswitch-odl
This charm can be used with any other principle charm:
juju deploy ubuntu juju add-relation openvswitch-odl ubuntu
or with the OpenStack nova-compute and neutron-gateway charms:
juju deploy nova-compute juju deploy neutron-gateway juju add-relation nova-compute openvswitch-odl juju add-relation neutron-gateway openvswitch-odl
This charm will optionally configure the local ip address of the OVS instance to something other than the 'private-address' provided by Juju:
juju set openvswitch-odl os-data-network=10.20.3.0/21
The charm will scan configured network interfaces, and reconfigure the OVS instance with an alternative IP address if one is found within the configure subnet CIDR.
This charm can't be deployed under LXC containers; however it will work just fine under KVM or on bare metal.
- (boolean) Enable debug logging
- (string) Map of physical nic mac address to configured VLAN's.
- (string) The IP address and netmask of the OpenStack Data network (e.g., 192.168.0.0/24) . This network will be used for tenant network traffic in overlay networks.
- (string) SSL CA to use to communicate with other OpenStack cloud components.
- (boolean) Openstack mostly defaults to using public endpoints for internal communication between services. If set to True this option will configure services to use internal endpoints where possible.
- (boolean) Setting this to True will allow supporting services to log to syslog.
- (boolean) Enable verbose logging