The Manil share file system service provides a set of services for management
of shared file systems in a multi-tenant cloud environment. The service
resembles OpenStack block-based storage management from the OpenStack Block
Storage service project. With the Shared File Systems service, you can create
a remote file system, mount the file system on your instances, and then read
and write data from your instances to and from your file system.
The manila-generic plugin (using the manila-plugin relation) provides the
configuration information to the manila charm to configure the Manila
instance such that it can use the generic driver appropriately.
- openstack ›
This charm exists to provide an example back-end for Manila, for the purpose
of test and reference. It is not intended for production use in any case.
It configures the generic backend in the related manila charm in an
OpenStack cloud. This provides NFS shares using Cinder as a backing store. It
should be used for testing and development purposes only.
The charm relies on the prinical manila charm, and is a subordinate to it. It
provides configuration data to the manila-share service (which is provided by
the manila charm with a role that includes 'share').
If multiple, different, generic backend configurations are required then the
share-backend-name config option should be used to differentiate between the
Note: this subordinate charm requests that manila configure the nova, neutron
and cinder sections that the generic driver needs to launch NFS share instances
that provide NFS/CIFS services within their tenant networks. The manila charm
provides the main manila service username/password to this charm to enable it
to provide those configuration sections.
Please report bugs on Launchpad.
For general questions please refer to the OpenStack Charm Guide.
- (boolean) Enable debug logging
- (string) One of 'password', 'ssh', 'both'. This determines how manila authenticates against the service-instance; e.g. using password, ssh keypair or both.
- (boolean) Whether to connect the share server into the tenant network.
- (boolean) Whether to generic driver should run up a share server.
- (string) This is the keypair name that will be provided to nova instances. Note that manila uploads the keypair from the config settings 'generic-driver-ssh-private-key' and 'generic-driver-ssh-public-key'. If neither the ssh config vars are set nor the password then the charm will block until they are set.
- (string) the image name to use for the generic instance
- (int) The ID for the flavor to launch images in. The driver blocks if this is not set.
- (string) If the service user doesn't log in with a key-pair a password is needed to allow manila to ssh into the service instance. If the password is set then it is used and an SSH key is not configured.
- (string) The user to log into the share instance.
- (string) The key for the manila to inject into the instance. If set, manila will inject it into OpenStack if the keypair name doesn't exist.
- (string) The public key for the manila to inject into the instance. If set, manila will inject it into OpenStack if the keypair name doesn't exist.
- (string) Repository from which to install. May be one of the following: distro (default), ppa:somecustom/ppa, a deb url sources entry, or a supported Cloud Archive release pocket. Supported Cloud Archive sources include: cloud:precise-folsom, cloud:precise-folsom/updates, cloud:precise-folsom/staging, cloud:precise-folsom/proposed. Note that updating this setting to a source that is known to provide a later version of OpenStack will trigger a software upgrade.
- (string) The name given to the backend. This is used to generate the backend configuration section and link it into the share server. If two different configurations of the same backend type are needed, then this config option can be used to separate them in the backend configuration.
- (string) The share protocols that the backends will be able to provide. The default is good for the generic backends. Other backends may not support both NFS and CIFS. This is a space delimited list of protocols.
- NFS CIFS
- (string) TLS CA to use to communicate with other components in a deployment. . __NOTE__: This configuration option will take precedence over any certificates received over the ``certificates`` relation.
- (string) TLS certificate to install and use for any listening services. . __NOTE__: This configuration option will take precedence over any certificates received over the ``certificates`` relation.
- (string) TLS key to use with certificate specified as ``ssl_cert``. . __NOTE__: This configuration option will take precedence over any certificates received over the ``certificates`` relation.
- (boolean) Openstack mostly defaults to using public endpoints for internal communication between services. If set to True this option will configure services to use internal endpoints where possible.
- (boolean) Setting this to True will allow supporting services to log to syslog.
- (boolean) Enable verbose logging