Logstash is a data pipeline that helps you process logs and other event data
from a variety of systems. With 200 plugins and counting, Logstash can
connect to a variety of sources and stream data at scale to a central
A flexible, open source data collection, enrichment, and
transportation pipeline. With connectors to common infrastructure for easy
integration, Logstash is designed to efficiently process a growing list of log,
event, and unstructured data sources for distribution into a variety of outputs,
This charm makes use of
interface:java which means you will need to deploy
a compatible JRE along with the Logstash application. This allows the consumer to
swap the version of java being used by configuring the system's java installation.
juju deploy logstash juju deploy zulu8 juju add-relation logstash zulu8
This charm is bundled for your convenience.
Typically Logstash is deployed along side its companion products
Elasticsearch and Kibana. This suite of services is known as the
ELK stack, and is deployable today:
juju deploy ~containers/bundle/elk-stack
Testing the deployment
The services provide extended status reporting to indicate when they are ready:
juju status --format=tabular
This is particularly useful when combined with watch to track the on-going
progress of the deployment:
watch -n 0.5 juju status --format=tabular
The message for each unit will provide information about that unit's state.
Once they all indicate that they are ready, you can use the provided
generate-noise action to test that the applications are working as expected:
juju action do logstash/0 generate-noise watch juju action status
Once the action is complete, you can retrieve the results:
juju action fetch <action-id>
The <action-id> value will be in the juju action status output.
- Charles Butler <email@example.com>
- Matt Bruzek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- (int) Port used by beats. Beats are add on modules (search the charmstore for beat)
- (string) Space separated list of extra deb packages to install.
- (string) list of signing keys for install_sources package sources, per charmhelpers standard format (a yaml list of strings encoded as a string). the keys should be the full ascii armoured gpg public keys. while gpg key ids are also supported and looked up on a keyserver, operators should be aware that this mechanism is insecure. null can be used if a standard package signing key is used that will already be installed on the machine, and for ppa sources where the package signing key is securely retrieved from launchpad.
- - | -----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK----- Version: GnuPG v2.0.14 (GNU/Linux) mQENBFI3HsoBCADXDtbNJnxbPqB1vDNtCsqhe49vFYsZN9IOZsZXgp7aHjh6CJBD A+bGFOwyhbd7at35jQjWAw1O3cfYsKAmFy+Ar3LHCMkV3oZspJACTIgCrwnkic/9 CUliQe324qvObU2QRtP4Fl0zWcfb/S8UYzWXWIFuJqMvE9MaRY1bwUBvzoqavLGZ j3SF1SPO+TB5QrHkrQHBsmX+Jda6d4Ylt8/t6CvMwgQNlrlzIO9WT+YN6zS+sqHd 1YK/aY5qhoLNhp9G/HxhcSVCkLq8SStj1ZZ1S9juBPoXV1ZWNbxFNGwOh/NYGldD 2kmBf3YgCqeLzHahsAEpvAm8TBa7Q9W21C8vABEBAAG0RUVsYXN0aWNzZWFyY2gg KEVsYXN0aWNzZWFyY2ggU2lnbmluZyBLZXkpIDxkZXZfb3BzQGVsYXN0aWNzZWFy Y2gub3JnPokBOAQTAQIAIgUCUjceygIbAwYLCQgHAwIGFQgCCQoLBBYCAwECHgEC F4AACgkQ0n1mbNiOQrRzjAgAlTUQ1mgo3nK6BGXbj4XAJvuZDG0HILiUt+pPnz75 nsf0NWhqR4yGFlmpuctgCmTD+HzYtV9fp9qW/bwVuJCNtKXk3sdzYABY+Yl0Cez/ 7C2GuGCOlbn0luCNT9BxJnh4mC9h/cKI3y5jvZ7wavwe41teqG14V+EoFSn3NPKm TxcDTFrV7SmVPxCBcQze00cJhprKxkuZMPPVqpBS+JfDQtzUQD/LSFfhHj9eD+Xe 8d7sw+XvxB2aN4gnTlRzjL1nTRp0h2/IOGkqYfIG9rWmSLNlxhB2t+c0RsjdGM4/ eRlPWylFbVMc5pmDpItrkWSnzBfkmXL3vO2X3WvwmSFiQbkBDQRSNx7KAQgA5JUl zcMW5/cuyZR8alSacKqhSbvoSqqbzHKcUQZmlzNMKGTABFG1yRx9r+wa/fvqP6OT RzRDvVS/cycws8YX7Ddum7x8uI95b9ye1/Xy5noPEm8cD+hplnpU+PBQZJ5XJ2I+ 1l9Nixx47wPGXeClLqcdn0ayd+v+Rwf3/XUJrvccG2YZUiQ4jWZkoxsA07xx7Bj+ Lt8/FKG7sHRFvePFU0ZS6JFx9GJqjSBbHRRkam+4emW3uWgVfZxuwcUCn1ayNgRt KiFv9jQrg2TIWEvzYx9tywTCxc+FFMWAlbCzi+m4WD+QUWWfDQ009U/WM0ks0Kww EwSk/UDuToxGnKU2dQARAQABiQEfBBgBAgAJBQJSNx7KAhsMAAoJENJ9ZmzYjkK0 c3MIAIE9hAR20mqJWLcsxLtrRs6uNF1VrpB+4n/55QU7oxA1iVBO6IFu4qgsF12J TavnJ5MLaETlggXY+zDef9syTPXoQctpzcaNVDmedwo1SiL03uMoblOvWpMR/Y0j 6rm7IgrMWUDXDPvoPGjMl2q1iTeyHkMZEyUJ8SKsaHh4jV9wp9KmC8C+9CwMukL7 vM5w8cgvJoAwsp3Fn59AxWthN3XJYcnMfStkIuWgR7U2r+a210W6vnUxU4oN0PmM cursYPyeV0NX/KQeUeNMwGTFB6QHS/anRaGQewijkrYYoTNtfllxIu9XYmiBERQ/ qPDlGRlOgVTd9xUfHFkzB52c70E= =92oX -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
- (string) list of extra apt sources, per charm-helpers standard format (a yaml list of strings encoded as a string). each source may be either a line that can be added directly to sources.list(5), or in the form ppa:<user>/<ppa-name> for adding personal package archives, or a distribution component to enable.
- - 'deb https://artifacts.elastic.co/packages/6.x/apt stable main'
- (string) The status of service-affecting packages will be set to this value in the dpkg database. Valid values are "install" and "hold".
- (int) The port used by legacy logstash agents to emit logs over TCP.
- (int) The port used by legacy logstash agents to emit logs over UDP.