CPlane is an extremely lightweight Neutron plugin for Openstack.
This charm provides the Cplane neutron plugin for OpenStack clouds.
CPLANE's software-only solution automates creation of WAN and LAN network services with a highly intelligent SDN platform. Through advanced discovery, modeling and service orchestration, CPLANE automates not only the low-level infrastructure configuration and management of data center and wide area networks, but also the higher-level, value-add functions such as network virtualization, routing, policy and QoS. CPLANE delivers network services faster and more reliably on existing network infrastructure. Since CPLANE is a software-only solution with no vendor-specific dependencies, it offers the added advantage of providing a path to new network architectures and technologies, and away from vendor lock-in.
CPlane is an extremely lightweight Neutron plugin for Openstack
For more information see [http://www.cplanenetworks.com/]
This charm is subordinate to the neutron-api charm. It also requires the deployment of the neutron-openvswitch-cplane charm which is again a subordinate to nova-compute charm and the cplane-controller charm. It eliminates the need of the neutron-gateway charm as L3 routing agent since this is now handled by the compute tier.
The neutron-api-cplane charm has several core functions:
- Install CPlane Mechanism Driver and L3 Service Plugin.
- Configure the core Neutron components.
- Manage the configuration of these resources in the neutron-openvswitch-cplane service.
Instruction for deploying the CPlane openstack bundle is as follows:
Note: This bundle will install some components of Openstack as well as CPlane charms.
juju deploy cplane_openstack.yaml
cplane-controller_ip: Configures the CPlane-controller node IP, but this value will be overwritten if a cplane-controller charm is deployed.
cplane-controller_port: Configures the CPlane-controller node PORT, again this value will be overwritten if a cplane-controller charm is deployed.
- (string) URL for cplane packages if from local repo then "http://xx.xx.xx.xx/cplane_metadata.json"
- (string) IP of the Cplane controller
- (int) Cplane controller port
- (string) Cplane softwares version
- (string) Neutron databasee
- (string) Neutron databse user
- (string) Overlay network types to use, valid options include: gre vxlan Multiple types can be provided - field is space delimited.
- gre vxlan
- (string) Neutron rabbit user name
- (string) Rabbit vhost
- (boolean) Enable cplane managed security groups.
- (string) Space-delimited list of Neutron network-provider & vlan-id-ranges using the following format "<provider>:<start>:<end> ...".