OpenContrail is a network virtualization solution that provides an overlay virtual-network to virtual-machines, containers or network namespaces. . This charm provides the analytics node component.
- openstack ›
OpenContrail (www.opencontrail.org) is a fully featured Software Defined Networking (SDN) solution for private clouds. It supports high performance isolated tenant networks without requiring external hardware support. It provides a Neutron plugin to integrate with OpenStack.
This charm is designed to be used in conjunction with the rest of the OpenStack related charms in the charm store to virtualize the network that Nova Compute instances plug into.
This charm provides the analytics node component which includes contrail-collector, contrail-query-engine and contrail-analytics-api services. Only OpenStack Icehouse or newer is supported.
Cassandra and Contrail Configuration are prerequisite services to deploy. Once ready, deploy and relate as follows:
juju deploy contrail-analytics juju add-relation contrail-analytics:cassandra cassandra:database juju add-relation contrail-analytics contrail-configuration
The version of OpenContrail installed when deploying can be changed using the 'install-sources' option. This is a multilined value that may refer to PPAs or Deb repositories.
The version of dependent OpenStack components installed when deploying can be changed using the 'openstack-origin' option. When deploying to different OpenStack versions, openstack-origin needs to be set across all OpenStack and OpenContrail charms where available.
High Availability (HA)
Multiple units of this charm can be deployed to support HA deployments:
juju add-unit contrail-analytics
Relating to haproxy charm (http-services relation) allows multiple units to be load balanced:
juju add-relation contrail-analytics haproxy
- (int) Minimum number of units required in cassandra relation
- (string) Apt keys for package install sources
- (string) Package sources for install
- - "ppa:opencontrail/ppa" - "ppa:opencontrail/r2.20"
- (int) Minimum number of units required in kafka relation
- (string) Repository from which to install. May be one of the following: distro (default), ppa:somecustom/ppa, a deb url sources entry, or a supported Cloud Archive release pocket. Supported Cloud Archive sources include: cloud:precise-folsom, cloud:precise-folsom/updates, cloud:precise-folsom/staging, cloud:precise-folsom/proposed.
- (string) Virtual IP address to use when services are related in a High Availability configuration.