This charms installs and configures the Ubuntu Linux Livepatching Utility and Daemon
- security ›
This subordinate charm provides live kernel updates to its unit via the Canonical Livepatch Service.
The canonical-livepatch software is automatically installed from the Snap Store.
You will need to supply your key from https://ubuntu.com/livepatch via juju set (1.x) or juju config (2.x)
Nagios checks are automatically deployed if you add an appropriate nrpe-external-master relation.
This is a subordinate charm, so must be related to your primary service(s):
juju deploy canonical-livepatch juju add-relation <your_primary_charm_name> canonical-livepatch
You will need to supply your key from https://ubuntu.com/livepatch via juju set (Juju 1.x):
juju set canonical-livepatch livepatch_key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Or via juju config (Juju 2.x)
juju config canonical-livepatch livepatch_key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The livepatch_key setting must be configured in order for the software to function correctly - see above.
By default, the livepatch software will attempt to retrieve its patch data directly over the network. If you'd like to use a proxy for this traffic instead, you can set the livepatch_proxy value to the address of your proxy server.
Likewise, if you need to use a proxy server to access the Snap Store, snap_proxy can also be set to the address of your proxy server.
Alternatively, if you've configured a proxy for all applications in your environment via juju model-config, the charm will detect this and automatically do the right thing. It'll use http-proxy or https-proxy if either are set, with the latter being preferred.
If two different proxies are set via model config and charm config, the latter will be preferred.
This charm is maintained here, by the livepatch-charmers team:
Canonical Livepatch Service
- (string) In order to get started please login and generate a key from: https://ubuntu.com/livepatch You can then use that value here to activate canonical-livepatch
- (string) The address of a proxy server to use for livepatch traffic e.g. http://proxy.example.com:3128
- (string) Used by the nrpe subordinate charms. A string that will be prepended to instance name to set the host name in nagios. So for instance the hostname would be something like: juju-myservice-0 If you're running multiple environments with the same services in them this allows you to differentiate between them.
- (string) A comma-separated list of nagios servicegroups. If left empty, the nagios_context will be used as the servicegroup
- (string) Snap Store channel from which to install the Canonical Livepatch snap. Most people will not need to change this.
- (string) HTTP/HTTPS web proxy for Snappy to use when accessing the snap store.
- (string) The address of a Snap Store Proxy to use for snaps e.g. http://snap-proxy.example.com
- (string) How often snapd handles updates for installed snaps. The default (an empty string) is 4x per day. Set to "max" to check once per month based on the charm deployment date. You may also set a custom string as described in the 'refresh.timer' section here: https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/system-options/87