The MidoNet API service provides the integration point between external network configuration (typically Neutron) and the internal MidoNet configuration. In order to provide this service, it needs access to an Apache quorum and an OpenStack Keystone authentication service.
This charm installs the midonet-api which is the component that receives the network definitions from neutron via its MidoNet plugin and converts it into the MidoNet network overlay configuration in Apache Zookeeper that is consumed by the MidoNet Host Agents in order to perform the network simulations that will populate the flows.
The MidoNet API is hosted by an Apache Tomcat servlet and the version (upstream opensource or downstream MEM) that is installed is determined by the midonet-origin configuration. Its defaults come from the midonet-midonet puppet module in puppet forge.
The API won't be functional until it has joined relations with keystone and zookeeper hosts, as they are necessary for authentication and data keeping.
juju deploy midonet-api juju add-relation midonet-api zookeeper juju add-relation midonet-api keystone
- (string) MidoNet API IP
- (int) Which port to run the MidoNet API server
- (string) The Midokura Enterprise MidoNet password credentials to access the repository.
- (string) The Midokura Enterprise MidoNet username credentials to access the repository.
- (string) Repository from which to install. May be one of the following: latest (default) or one of the following: 'icehouse/mem-1.8', 'juno/mem-1.8', 'juno/mem-1.9', 'kilo/mem-1.9', 'juno/midonet-2015.06', 'kilo/midonet-2015.06' Note that updating this setting to a source that is known to provide a later version of OpenStack will trigger a software upgrade.
- (string) The Openstack region on which it will run.
- (boolean) Enable VTEP functionality.