Percona XtraDB Cluster provides an active/active MySQL
compatible alternative implemented using the Galera
synchronous replication extensions.
- databases ›
Percona XtraDB Cluster is a high availability and high scalability solution for
MySQL clustering. Percona XtraDB Cluster integrates Percona Server with the
Galera library of MySQL high availability solutions in a single product package
which enables you to create a cost-effective MySQL cluster.
This charm deploys Percona XtraDB Cluster onto Ubuntu.
WARNING: Its critical that you follow the bootstrap process detailed in this
document in order to end up with a running Active/Active Percona Cluster.
If you are deploying this charm on MAAS or in an environment without direct
access to the internet, you will need to allow access to repo.percona.com
as the charm installs packages direct from the Percona respositories. If you
are using squid-deb-proxy, follow the steps below:
echo "repo.percona.com" | sudo tee /etc/squid-deb-proxy/mirror-dstdomain.acl.d/40-percona sudo service squid-deb-proxy restart
The first service unit deployed acts as the seed node for the rest of the
cluster; in order for the cluster to function correctly, the same MySQL passwords
must be used across all nodes:
cat > percona.yaml << EOF percona-cluster: root-password: my-root-password sst-password: my-sst-password EOF
Once you have created this file, you can deploy the first seed unit:
juju deploy --config percona.yaml percona-cluster
Once this node is full operational, you can add extra units one at a time to the
juju add-unit percona-cluster
A minimium cluster size of three units is recommended.
In order to access the cluster, use the hacluster charm to provide a single IP
juju set percona-cluster vip=10.0.3.200 juju deploy hacluster juju add-relation hacluster percona-cluster
Clients can then access using the vip provided. This vip will be passed to
juju add-relation keystone percona-cluster
Note that Percona XtraDB Cluster is not a 'scale-out' MySQL solution; reads
and writes are channelled through a single service unit and synchronously
replicated to other nodes in the cluster; reads/writes are as slow as the
slowest node you have in your deployment.
- (string) The IP address and netmask of the 'access' network (e.g., 192.168.0.0/24) . This network will be used for access to database services.
- (string) How much data do you want to keep in memory in the DB. This will be used to tune settings in the database server appropriately. Suffix this value with 'K','M','G', or 'T' to get the relevant kilo/mega/etc. bytes. If suffixed with %, one will get that percentage of RAM devoted to dataset.
- (string) Default network interface on which HA cluster will bind to communication with the other members of the HA Cluster.
- (int) Default multicast port number that will be used to communicate between HA Cluster nodes.
- (boolean) Turns on innodb_file_per_table option, which will make MySQL put each InnoDB table into separate .idb file. Existing InnoDB tables will remain in ibdata1 file - full dump/import is needed to get rid of large ibdata1 file
- (boolean) Adds two config options (wsrep_drupal_282555_workaround and wsrep_retry_autocommit) as a workaround for Percona Primary Key bug (see lplp1366997).
- (int) Maximum connections to allow. -1 means use the server's compiled in default.
- (boolean) If True enables IPv6 support. The charm will expect network interfaces to be configured with an IPv6 address. If set to False (default) IPv4 is expected. . NOTE: these charms do not currently support IPv6 privacy extension. In order for this charm to function correctly, the privacy extension must be disabled and a non-temporary address must be configured/available on your network interface.
- (string) Root password for MySQL access; must be configured pre-deployment for Active-Active clusters.
- (string) Package install location for Percona XtraDB Cluster (defaults to distro for >= 14.04)
- (string) Re-sync account password for new cluster nodes; must be configured pre-deployment for Active-Active clusters.
- (int) Sets table_open_cache (formerly known as table_cache) to mysql.
- (string) Virtual IP to use to front Percona XtraDB Cluster in active/active HA configuration
- (int) Netmask that will be used for the Virtual IP
- (string) Network interface on which to place the Virtual IP
- (int) The number of seconds the server waits for activity on a noninteractive connection before closing it. -1 means use the server's compiled in default.