Neutron is a virtual network service for OpenStack, and a part of Netstack. Just like OpenStack Nova provides an API to dynamically request and configure virtual servers, Neutron provides an API to dynamically request and configure virtual networks. These networks connect "interfaces" from other OpenStack services (e.g., virtual NICs from Nova VMs). The Neutron API supports extensions to provide advanced network capabilities (e.g., QoS, ACLs, network monitoring, etc.) . This charm provides the OpenStack Neutron API service.
- openstack ›
This principle charm provides the OpenStack Neutron API service which was previously provided by the nova-cloud-controller charm.
When this charm is related to the nova-cloud-controller charm the nova-cloud controller charm will shutdown its api service, de-register it from keystone and inform the compute nodes of the new neutron url.
To deploy (partial deployment only):
juju deploy neutron-api juju deploy neutron-openvswitch juju add-relation neutron-api mysql juju add-relation neutron-api rabbitmq-server juju add-relation neutron-api neutron-openvswitch juju add-relation neutron-api nova-cloud-controller
This charm also supports scale out and high availability using the hacluster charm:
juju deploy hacluster neutron-hacluster juju add-unit neutron-api juju set neutron-api vip=<VIP FOR ACCESS> juju add-relation neutron-hacluster neutron-api
This charm only support deployment with OpenStack Icehouse or better.
- (string) Database name for Neutron (if enabled)
- (string) Username for Neutron database access (if enabled)
- (boolean) Enable debug logging
- (string) Default network interface on which HA cluster will bind to communication with the other members of the HA Cluster.
- (int) Default multicast port number that will be used to communicate between HA Cluster nodes.
- (boolean) Populate the forwarding tables of virtual switches (LinuxBridge or OVS), to decrease broadcast traffics inside the physical networks fabric while using overlays networks (VXLan, GRE).
- (string) Name of the external network for floating IP addresses provided by Neutron.
- (string) Neutron plugin to use for network management; supports . ovs - OpenvSwitch Plugin nvp - Nicira Network Virtualization Platform .
- (boolean) Use quantum for security group management.
- (string) Repository from which to install. May be one of the following: distro (default), ppa:somecustom/ppa, a deb url sources entry, or a supported Cloud Archive release pocket. Supported Cloud Archive sources include: cloud:precise-folsom, cloud:precise-folsom/updates, cloud:precise-folsom/staging, cloud:precise-folsom/proposed. Note that updating this setting to a source that is known to provide a later version of OpenStack will trigger a software upgrade.
- (string) The IP address and netmask of the OpenStack Admin network (e.g., 192.168.0.0/24) . This network will be used for admin endpoints.
- (string) The IP address and netmask of the OpenStack Internal network (e.g., 192.168.0.0/24) . This network will be used for internal endpoints.
- (string) The IP address and netmask of the OpenStack Public network (e.g., 192.168.0.0/24) . This network will be used for public endpoints.
- (string) Overlay network type to use choose one of: . gre vxlan .
- (boolean) If True enables IPv6 support. The charm will expect network interfaces to be configured with an IPv6 address. If set to False (default) IPv4 is expected. . NOTE: these charms do not currently support IPv6 privacy extension. In order for this charm to function correctly, the privacy extension must be disabled and a non-temporary address must be configured/available on your network interface.
- (string) Username used to access rabbitmq queue
- (string) Rabbitmq vhost
- (string) OpenStack Region
- (string) SSL CA to use with the certificate and key provided - this is only required if you are providing a privately signed ssl_cert and ssl_key.
- (string) SSL certificate to install and use for API ports. Setting this value and ssl_key will enable reverse proxying, point Neutron's entry in the Keystone catalog to use https, and override any certficiate and key issued by Keystone (if it is configured to do so).
- (string) SSL key to use with certificate specified as ssl_cert.
- (boolean) If set to True, supporting services will log to syslog.
- (boolean) Enable verbose logging
- (string) Virtual IP(s) to use to front API services in HA configuration. . If multiple networks are being used, a VIP should be provided for each network, separated by spaces.
- (int) The CPU core multiplier to use when configuring worker processes for Neutron. By default, the number of workers for each daemon is set to twice the number of CPU cores a service unit has.