A multi server Landscape Dedicated Server charm.
- app-servers ›
The Landscape systems management tool helps you monitor, manage and update your
entire Ubuntu infrastructure from a single interface. Part of Canonical's
Ubuntu Advantage support service, Landscape brings you intuitive systems
management tools combined with world-class support.
This charm will deploy Landscape Dedicated Server (LDS), and needs to be
connected to other charms to be fully functional. Example deployments are given
For more information about Landscape, go to http://www.ubuntu.com/management
The typical deployment of Landscape happens using a Juju bundle. This charm is
not useful without a deployed bundle of services.
Please use one of the following bundle types depending on your needs:
https://jujucharms.com/u/landscape/landscape-scalable/ https://jujucharms.com/u/landscape/landscape-dense-maas/ https://jujucharms.com/u/landscape/landscape-dense/
For the landscape-scalable case:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:juju/stable sudo apt-get update juju quickstart u/landscape/landscape-scalable
The standard deployment of Landscape will give you the latest released code.
If you want a different version, different options, etc, you will need to
download one of the bundles, and add/change options in the file before
supplying it to juju quickstart.
On the bundle page, download the
Landscape is a commercial product and as such it needs configuration of a
license and password protected repository before deployment. Please login to
your "hosted account" (on landscape.canonical.com) to gather these details
after purchasing seats for LDS. All information is found by following a link
on the left side of the page called "access the Landscape Dedicated Server
You can set this as a juju configuration option after deployment
on each deployed landscape-service like:
$ juju set <landscape-service> "license-file=$(cat license-file)"
The pre-packaged bundles will ask the HAProxy charm to generate a self
signed certificate. While useful for testing, this must not be used for
For production deployments, you should include a "real" SSL certificate key
pair that has been signed by a CA that your clients trust in the haproxy service
configuration (or in the landscape-server service configuration if you need to
use your haproxy service for other services too with different certificates).
The Landscape charm is fairly well unit tested and new code changes
should be submitted with unit tests. You can run them like this:
$ make test
This charm makes use of juju-deployer and the charm-tools package to enable
end-to-end integration testing. This is how you proceed with running
# Make sure your JUJU_ENV is *not* bootstrapped, and: $ JUJU_ENV=<env> make integration-test
Or if you want to use the LDS packages from the lds-trunk PPA:
$ JUJU_ENV=<env> make integration-test-trunk
The JUJU_ENV environment variable can be omitted if you want to use the
current juju environment (as set by "juju switch").
- (string) Key ID to import to the apt keyring to support use with arbitary source configuration from outside of Launchpad archives or PPA's.
- (string) License file for LDS, either as a base64-encoded string containing the actual license file data, or a file://, http:// or https:// URL pointing to the license file for download.
- (string) OpenID provider URL to use to log out of Landscape.
- (string) OpenID provider URL to use for authentication to Landscape.
- (string) The root URL for this landscape deployment. If left blank the public IP of the first related HAproxy unit will be used instead.
- (string) The source from which to install the landscape packages. Possible values are: - A full deb line: "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/landscape/15.10/ubuntu trusty main" - A PPA URL: "ppa:landscape/15.10" - A version number: "15.10"
- (string) base64 encoded SSL certificate to use for the Landscape server. It will be passed verbatim to the haproxy charm. If not set, a self-signed certificated will be used instead.
- (string) base64 encoded private key for the default SSL certificate. If ssl_cert is not set, this will be ignored.