Ceilometer project aims to become the infrastructure to collect measurements
within OpenStack so that no two agents would need to be written to collect
the same data. It's primary targets are monitoring and metering, but the
framework should be easily expandable to collect for other needs. To that
effect, Ceilometer should be able to share collected data with a variety
This charm provides the Ceilometer service for OpenStack. It is intended to
be used alongside the other OpenStack components, starting with the Folsom
Ceilometer is made up of 2 separate services: an API service, and a collector
service. This charm allows them to be deployed in different combination,
depending on user preference and requirements.
This charm was developed to support deploying Folsom on both Ubuntu Quantal
and Ubuntu Precise. Since Ceilometer is only available for Ubuntu 12.04 via
the Ubuntu Cloud Archive, deploying this charm to a Precise machine will by
default install Ceilometer and its dependencies from the Cloud Archive.
In order to deploy Ceilometer service, the MongoDB service is required:
juju deploy mongodb juju deploy ceilometer juju add-relation ceilometer mongodb
then Keystone and Rabbit relationships need to be established:
juju add-relation ceilometer rabbitmq juju add-relation ceilometer keystone:identity-service juju add-relation ceilometer keystone:identity-notifications
In order to capture the calculations, a Ceilometer compute agent needs to be
installed in each nova node, and be related with Ceilometer service:
juju deploy ceilometer-agent juju add-relation ceilometer-agent nova-compute juju add-relation ceilometer:ceilometer-service ceilometer-agent:ceilometer-service
Ceilometer provides an API service that can be used to retrieve
- (boolean) Enable debug logging
- (string) Default network interface on which HA cluster will bind to communication with the other members of the HA Cluster.
- (int) Default multicast port number that will be used to communicate between HA Cluster nodes.
- (string) Used by the nrpe-external-master subordinate charm. A string that will be prepended to instance name to set the host name in nagios. So for instance the hostname would be something like: juju-myservice-0 If you're running multiple environments with the same services in them this allows you to differentiate between them.
- (string) A comma-separated list of nagios servicegroups. If left empty, the nagios_context will be used as the servicegroup
- (string) Repository from which to install. May be one of the following: distro (default), ppa:somecustom/ppa, a deb url sources entry, or a supported Cloud Archive release pocket. Supported Cloud Archive sources include: cloud:precise-folsom, cloud:precise-folsom/updates, cloud:precise-folsom/staging, cloud:precise-folsom/proposed. Note that updating this setting to a source that is known to provide a later version of OpenStack will trigger a software upgrade.
- (string) The IP address and netmask of the OpenStack Admin network (e.g., 192.168.0.0/24) . This network will be used for admin endpoints.
- (string) The IP address and netmask of the OpenStack Internal network (e.g., 192.168.0.0/24) . This network will be used for internal endpoints.
- (string) The IP address and netmask of the OpenStack Public network (e.g., 192.168.0.0/24) . This network will be used for public endpoints.
- (string) Username to request access on rabbitmq-server.
- (string) RabbitMQ virtual host to request access on rabbitmq-server.
- (string) OpenStack Region
- (string) SSL CA to use with the certificate and key provided - this is only required if you are providing a privately signed ssl_cert and ssl_key.
- (string) SSL certificate to install and use for API ports. Setting this value and ssl_key will enable reverse proxying, point Ceilometer's entry in the Keystone catalog to use https, and override any certficiate and key issued by Keystone (if it is configured to do so).
- (string) SSL key to use with certificate specified as ssl_cert.
- (boolean) By default, all services will log into their corresponding log files. Setting this to True will force all services to log to the syslog.
- (boolean) Enable verbose logging
- (string) Virtual IP(s) to use to front API services in HA configuration. . If multiple networks are being used, a VIP should be provided for each network, separated by spaces.