Charm connects Contrail to neutron-api and nova-compute.
- openstack ›
OpenContrail (www.opencontrail.org) is a fully featured Software Defined
Networking (SDN) solution for private clouds. It supports high performance
isolated tenant networks without requiring external hardware support. It
provides a Neutron plugin to integrate with OpenStack.
This charm is designed to be used in conjunction with the rest of the OpenStack
related charms in the charm store to virtualize the network that Nova Compute
instances plug into.
This subordinate charm provides connectivity of Contrail to the Neutron API component
and Nova Compute component and configures neutron-server and nova-compute.
Only OpenStack Mitaka or newer is supported.
Only for Contrail 4.0 for now.
Juju 2.0 is required.
Contrail Controller are prerequisite service to deploy.
Neutron API and Nova Compute should be deployed with legacy plugin management set to false:
nova-compute: manage-neutron-plugin-legacy-mode: false neutron-api: manage-neutron-plugin-legacy-mode: false
Once ready, deploy and relate as follows:
juju deploy contrail-openstack juju add-relation contrail-openstack neutron-api juju add-relation contrail-openstack nova-compute juju add-relation contrail-openstack contrail-controller
The version of packages installed when deploying must be configured using the
'install-sources' option. This is a multilined value that may refer to PPAs or
Option 'enable-metadata-server' controls if a local nova-api-metadata service is
started (per Compute Node) and registered to serve metadata requests. It is
the recommended approach for serving metadata to instances and is enabled by
List of options
|+enable-metadata-server||boolean||true||Configures metadata shared secret and tells nova to run a local instance of nova-api-metadata for serving metadata to VMs.|
|use-internal-endpoints||boolean||False||Openstack mostly defaults to using public endpoints for internal communication between services. If set to True this option will configure services to use internal endpoints where possible.|
|heat-plugin-dirs||string||"/usr/lib64/heat,/usr/lib/heat/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vnc_api/gen/heat/resources"||Set directories where heat will search for new resources.|
|docker-registry||string||opencontrailnightly||URL of docker-registry|
|docker-registry-insecure||boolean||false||Is it docker-registry insecure and should docker be configured for it|
|docker-user||string||Login to the docker registry.|
|docker-password||string||Password to the docker registry.|
|image-tag||string||latest||Tag of docker image.|
|http_proxy||string||URL to use for HTTP_PROXY to be used by Docker.|
|https_proxy||string||URL to use for HTTPS_PROXY to be used by Docker.|
|no_proxy||string||Comma-separated list of destinations that should be directly accessed, by opposition of going through the proxy defined above. Must be less than 2023 characters long|
- (string) Password to the docker registry.
- (string) URL of docker-registry
- (boolean) Is it docker-registry insecure and should docker be configured for it
- (string) Login to the docker registry.
- (boolean) Configures metadata shared secret and tells nova to run a local instance of nova-api-metadata for serving metadata to VMs.
- (string) Set directories where heat will search for new resources.
- (string) URL to use for HTTP_PROXY to be used by Docker. Only useful in closed environments where a proxy is the only option for routing to the registry to pull images
- (string) URL to use for HTTPS_PROXY to be used by Docker. Only useful in closed environments where a proxy is the only option for routing to the registry to pull images
- (string) Tag of docker image.
- (string) Comma-separated list of destinations (either domain names or IP addresses) that should be directly accessed, by opposition of going through the proxy defined above. Must be less than 2023 characters long
- (boolean) Openstack mostly defaults to using public endpoints for internal communication between services. If set to True this option will configure services to use internal endpoints where possible.