A PLUMgrid Edge is an OpenStack compute node running IO Visor. IO Visor
provides the data plane and network connectivity for OpenStack tenant
instances. Communication between instances on compute nodes is enabled
by creation of VXLAN based overlay tunnels and networks.
- openstack ›
About the PLUMgrid Platform
The PLUMgrid Platform is a software-only solution that provides a rich set of distributed network functions such as routers, switches, NAT, IPAM, DHCP, and it also supports security policies, end-to-end encryption, and third party Layer 4-7 service insertion.
This charm is responsible for configuring a Compute node as a PLUMgrid Edge.
Once deployed, the charm configures the IO Visor kernel module as a PLUMgrid Edge. The charm also triggers the services essential for a PLUMgrid Edge.
It is a subordinate charm to nova-compute.
Instructions on using the charm:
juju deploy neutron-api juju deploy neutron-api-plumgrid juju deploy plumgrid-director juju deploy nova-compute juju deploy plumgrid-edge juju add-relation neutron-api neutron-api-plumgrid juju add-relation plumgrid-director plumgrid-edge juju add-relation nova-compute plumgrid-edge juju add-relation neutron-api-plumgrid plumgrid-edge
For plumgrid-edge to work make the configuration in the neutron-api, neutron-api-plumgrid and plumgrid-director charms as specified in the configuration section below.
plumgrid-edge: install_sources: 'ppa:plumgrid-team/stable' install_keys: 'null' plumgrid-director: plumgrid-virtual-ip: "192.168.100.250" install_sources: 'ppa:plumgrid-team/stable' install_keys: 'null' neutron-api-plumgrid: install_sources: 'ppa:plumgrid-team/stable' install_keys: 'null' enable-metadata: True neutron-api: neutron-plugin: "plumgrid" plumgrid-virtual-ip: "192.168.100.250"
Provide the source repo path for PLUMgrid Debs in 'install_sources' and the corresponding keys in 'install_keys'.
The virtual IP passed on in the neutron-api charm has to be same as the one passed in the plumgrid-director charm.
Network Space support
This charm supports the use of Juju Network Spaces, allowing the charm to be bound to network space configurations managed directly by Juju. This is only supported with Juju 2.0 and above.
To use this feature, use the --bind option when deploying the charm:
juju deploy plumgrid-edge --bind "internal=internal-space fabric=fabric-space"
alternatively these can also be provided as part of a juju native bundle configuration:
plumgrid-edge: charm: cs:plumgrid-edge num_units: 1 bindings: internal: internal-space fabric: fabric-space
NOTE: Spaces must be configured in the underlying provider prior to attempting to use them. 'internal' binding is mapped onto OpenStack internal-api endpoint while 'fabric' is mapped to OpenStack tenant-data-api endpoint.
- (string) Interfaces that will provide fabric connectivity on the director nodes. Provided in form of json in a string. If no value provided, fabric connnectivity will be either mapped using binding or fall back to management network.
- (string) Provide the respective keys of the install sources
- (string) Provide the install source from where to install the PLUMgrid debs
- (string) Provide the build version of iovisor package that needs to be installed
- (string) Public SSH key of PLUMgrid LCM which is running PG-Tools
- (string) Provide a key to be used as the metadata shared key
- (string) The interface connected to PLUMgrid Managment network.
- (string) The MTU size for interfaces managed by director.
- (string) Provide the build version of PLUMgrid packages that needs to be installed