PLUMgrid Director is the control plane of PLUMgrid ONS for OpenStack. Configuration of the virtual network infrastructure for tenants is done through the PLUMgrid Director. PLUMgrid Director is typically co-located on the OpenStack controller nodes.
- openstack ›
About the PLUMgrid Platform
The PLUMgrid Platform is a software-only solution that provides a rich set of distributed network functions such as routers, switches, NAT, IPAM, DHCP, and it also supports security policies, end-to-end encryption, and third party Layer 4-7 service insertion.
About Plumgrid Director
The Director is the brain of the PLUMgrid Platform. It is responsible for coordinating and managing all the other platform components. Based on PLUMgrid's distributed system architecture, it provides built-in high availability and scaling. The Director allows you to create Virtual Domains on a per tenant or application basis.
Once deployed this charm performs the configurations required for a PLUMgrid Director and starts the essential services on the node.
Instructions on using the charm:
juju deploy neutron-api juju deploy neutron-api-plumgrid juju deploy plumgrid-director juju add-relation neutron-api neutron-api-plumgrid
For plumgrid-director to work make the configuration in the neutron-api and neutron-api-plumgrid charms as specified in the configuration section below.
plumgrid-director: plumgrid-virtual-ip: "192.168.100.250" install_sources: 'ppa:plumgrid-team/stable' install_keys: 'null' neutron-api-plumgrid: install_sources: 'ppa:plumgrid-team/stable' install_keys: 'null' enable-metadata: True manage-neutron-plugin-legacy-mode: True
Provide the virtual IP you want PLUMgrid GUI to be accessible. Make sure that it is the same IP specified in the neutron-api charm configuration for PLUMgrid. The virtual IP passed on in the neutron-api charm has to be same as the one passed in the plumgrid-director charm. Provide the source repo path for PLUMgrid Debs in 'install_sources' and the corresponding keys in 'install_keys'.
You can access the PG Console at https://192.168.100.250
In order to configure networking, PLUMgrid License needs to be posted.
juju set plumgrid-director plumgrid-license-key="$LICENSE_KEY"
Network Space support
This charm supports the use of Juju Network Spaces, allowing the charm to be bound to network space configurations managed directly by Juju. This is only supported with Juju 2.0 and above.
To use this feature, use the --bind option when deploying the charm:
juju deploy plumgrid-director --bind "internal=internal-space fabric=fabric-space"
alternatively these can also be provided as part of a juju native bundle configuration:
plumgrid-director: charm: cs:plumgrid-director num_units: 1 bindings: internal: internal-space fabric: fabric-space
NOTE: Spaces must be configured in the underlying provider prior to attempting to use them. 'internal' binding is mapped onto OpenStack internal-api endpoint while 'fabric' is mapped to OpenStack tenant-data-api endpoint.
- (boolean) Enable or disable Solutions API support.
- (string) Interfaces that will provide fabric connectivity on the director nodes. Provided in form of json in a string. If no value provided, fabric connnectivity will be either mapped using binding or fall back to management network.
- (string) Provide the respective keys of the install sources.
- (string) Provide the install source from where to install the PLUMgrid debs.
- (string) Provide the build version of iovisor package that needs to be installed
- (string) IP used by Solutions API to get/post cloud information.
- (string) Public SSH key of PLUMgrid LCM which is running PG-Tools.
- (string) The interface connected to PLUMgrid Managment network.
- (string) The MTU size for interfaces managed by director.
- (string) IP address of the PLUMgrid Operations VM Management interface.
- (string) Provide the build version of PLUMgrid packages that needs to be installed
- (string) Provide the PLUMgrid ONS License key.
- (string) Password to access PLUMgrid Director
- (string) Username to access PLUMgrid Director
- (string) IP address of the Director's Management interface. Same IP can be used to access PG Console.
- (int) Port used by Solutions API to get/post cloud information.
- (string) Zone name used by Solutions API to get/post cloud information.