WildFly is a flexible, lightweight, managed application runtime that helps you build amazing applications.
- app-servers ›
This charm deploys the domain controller node of the Wildfly application server in domain mode. You can create a highly available and scalable cluster architecture by adding a relation with wildfly-ha-slave nodes It uses openjdk-7 for it's java depedencies. The current version supports mysql connectivity. You can add a mysql relation by using the juju add-relation command. Connectivity to the database is established through the mysql connector which is deployed when the mysql relation is added.
Once the juju environment is bootstrapped. Proceed with the following steps.
This command deploys the charm in your juju environment.
- juju deploy wildfly-ha-master
To destroy the wildfly charm instance you need to run the following command
- juju destroy-unit wildfly-ha-master/(instance no.)
To destroy the wildfly service run the following command
- juju destroy-service wildfly-ha-master
to expose the wildfly charm run the following command
- juju expose wildfly-ha-master
To connect the mysql database you need to deploy the mysql charm
- juju deploy mysql
And add the database relation using the following command
- juju add-relation mysql wildfly-ha-master
Creating a HA cluster
Once the master instance is up and running, you can add slave instances of wildfly to create a High Available cluster.
To deploy a slave instance run below commands:
- juju deploy wildfly-ha-slave
To add its relation with the master instance run below command:
- juju add-relation wildfly-ha-master wildfly-ha-slave
This wildfly charm allows you to create admin user and assign password by using the following configurable variables
- username - password
This charm configures the wildfly domain controller node to listen on the public IP assigned.
Accessing the web console
The management console will be available at http://server-ip:9990
For the first time when you try to access the management web console it will take you to a page which says wildfly server is running but you need to create a user to access the console.
The default username is "admin" (however you can change it any time using the command given below). There is no default password set so you need to set the password explicitly in order to log into the management console.
To set a custom username (optional step if you are fine using admin as username)
- juju set wildfly-ha-master username=desired_name
To set a desired password (a must-do step, in order to be able to access the management web console)
- juju set wildfly-ha-master password=desired_password
Author Contact Information
- Author : This charm was produced by Technology Blueprint, Enterprise Java Specialists. If you need help with your Java deployment on Juju we provide commercial support at www.technologybueprint.co.uk - Company : www.technologyblueprint.co.uk
Wildfly Server Contact Information
- [ wildfly website ] (http://wildfly.org) - [ wildfly documentation ] (https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY8/Documentation) - [ wildfly bug tracker ] (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY)