Charm for executing ceph benchmark testes
The ceph-benchmarking charm deploy a testing tool that enables various action based performance tests to be performed.
config.yaml for the full list of options, along with their
descriptions and default values. The option,
pool-name, may be provided as a
default pool name for the bench tests.
We are assuming a pre-existing Ceph cluster.
To provide the testing host:
juju deploy cs:~openstack-charmers-next/ceph-benchmarking
Then add a relation to the ceph-mon application:
juju add-relation ceph-benchmarking:ceph-client ceph-mon:client
This section covers Juju actions supported by the charm. Actions allow specific operations to be performed on a per-unit basis.
To display action descriptions run
juju actions ceph-benchmarking. If the charm is
not deployed then see file
- (string) Space delimted list of block devices.
- (string) Key ID to import to the apt keyring to support use with arbitary source configuration from outside of Launchpad archives or PPA's.
- (int) Mon and OSD debug level. Max is 20.
- (string) Ceph pool name for tests to use.
- (string) IP address of Prometheus Push Gateway
- (string) Optional configuration to support use of additional sources such as: - ppa:myteam/ppa - cloud:trusty-proposed/kilo - http://my.archive.com/ubuntu main The last option should be used in conjunction with the key configuration option. Note that a minimum ceph version of 0.48.2 is required for use with this charm which is NOT provided by the packages in the main Ubuntu archive for precise but is provided in the Ubuntu cloud archive.