This charm installs IBM Platform Symphony master.
- ibm ›
- apt ›
- leadership ›
- ibm ›
- symphony master ›
- application_optimization ›
- cluster ›
- virtualization ›
Charm for IBM Platform Symphony Master v7.1.1
IBM Platform Symphony Master
IBM Platform Symphony (Symphony) is enterprise-class software that distributes and virtualizes compute-intensive application services and processes across existing heterogeneous IT resources.
A Symphony Master host is a server host that acts as the overall coordinator for that cluster. If the master host goes down, another Symphony server(called as Master-Candidates) in the cluster becomes the master host.
More information available at the IBM Knowledge Center
This charm will not download the Symphony Binaries as its being handled by IBM Platform Symphony Storage Charm. The Symphony installation files will be shared when a relation is added between Symphony Storage and Symphony Master(using NFS).
This charm will deploy
Symphony Master and Master Candidates.
Symphony Master will act as an overall master of Symphony Cluster.
To configure a Symphony Cluster, you need to deploy Symphony Storage Server, Master, Master-Candidate and node. This charm will deploy only Symphony Master and Master Candidates( 1 Master and n number of Master Candidates), you need to deploy IBM Platform Symphony Storage Server in order for this charm to work. Symphony Storage Server charm will share the Symphony Installation files(/opt/ibm/platformsymphony).
To deploy IBM Platform Symphony Master Charm, follow the below steps:
1) juju deploy ibm-platform-symphony-master 2) juju deploy ibm-platform-symphony-storage 3) juju add-relation ibm-platform-symphony-storage ibm-platform-symphony-master
This will create Platform Symphony Master host which is ready to add more hosts to the Symphony Cluster. To add more units, you can use
add-unit to add more hosts to your Symphony Cluster( each added unit will be designatd as Symphony Master-Candidate host).
juju add-unit ibm-platform-symphony-master
This command will add a Symphony Master Candidate for your existing Symphony Cluster.
Verification of Symphony Cluster
Once the IBM Platform Symphony Master is deployed successfully and relation is established between Symphony Storage and Symphony Master, you can verify your Symphony cluster by running some symphony commands as mentioned below :
- Login into the machine where Symphony Master is installed or Symphony Master Candidate is installed as Symphony administrator user
- Export the Symphony profile path :
- Start master by running the command:
egosh ego start
- Login to the master as a admin:
egosh user logon -u Admin -x Admin
- See the cluster and its status by issuing the command:
egosh user logon -u Admin -x Admin
To remove the units of Symphony Master
juju remove-unit <unit name of the Symphony Master you want to remove>
This will remove the unit from the existing Symphony Cluster.(ego conf files will be updated and Symphony files will be unmounted)
Note : If you remove the unit which is the Symphony Master host, still your Symphony Cluster will be working as the next Symphony Master Candidate will become the new Master until a new Master is added.
An IBM Platform Symphony Master charm can be related to Symphony Storage Charm as well as Symphony node Charm. Incase you want to remove the relation between these, refer to the below steps:
juju remove-relation ibm-platform-symphony-master ibm-platform-symphony-node
This will remove the node host information from the symphony configuration files and the node host will no longer be part of the existing Symphony Cluster.
juju remove-relation ibm-platform-symphony-storage ibm-platform-symphony-master
This will stop the Symphony Daemons on the Master and remove the entries from Symphony Configuration Files. Then it will unmount the Symphony shared installation files.
IBM Platform Symphony Information
(1) General Information Information on IBM Platform Symphony available at the IBM Knowledge Center
(2) Contact Information For issues with this charm, please contact IBM Juju Support Team email@example.com
(3) Known Limitations This charm makes use of Juju Status commands, and requires juju 1.24 or greater
- (string) The options passed to the 'curl' command when fetching files from curl_url. For example: '-u <user:password>'
- (string) Location of the IBM product installation file(s). This should be a URL that curl can use to download files. Multiple URLs should be separated by a space. NOTE: cryptographic verification is required and must be specified as part of the URL query string with the key a valid hash algorithms md5, sha256, or sha512, and the the checksum value itself (http://<url>?[md5|sha256|sha512]=<checksum>). For example: 'http://example.com/file.tgz?sha256=<sum>' 'sftp://example.com/file1.tgz?md5=<sum> ftp://example.com/file2.tgz?md5=<sum>'
- (string) Space separated list of extra deb packages to install.
- (string) List of signing keys for install_sources package sources, per charmhelpers standard format (a yaml list of strings encoded as a string). The keys should be the full ASCII armoured GPG public keys. While GPG key ids are also supported and looked up on a keyserver, operators should be aware that this mechanism is insecure. null can be used if a standard package signing key is used that will already be installed on the machine, and for PPA sources where the package signing key is securely retrieved from Launchpad.
- (string) List of extra apt sources, per charm-helpers standard format (a yaml list of strings encoded as a string). Each source may be either a line that can be added directly to sources.list(5), or in the form ppa:<user>/<ppa-name> for adding Personal Package Archives, or a distribution component to enable.
- (boolean) Some IBM charms require acceptance of a license before installation can proceed. If required, setting this option to True indicates that you have read and accepted the IBM terms and conditions found in the license file referenced by the charm.
- (string) The status of service-affecting packages will be set to this value in the dpkg database. Valid values are "install" and "hold".