Cinder is the block storage service for the Openstack project.
This charm provides a Spectrum Scale storage backend for Cinder
Spectrum Scale Storage Backend for Cinder
This charm provides a Spectrum Scale storage backend for use with the Cinder
charm; this allows a single Spectrum Scale storage cluster to be associated
with a single Cinder deployment, potentially alongside other storage
backends from other vendors.
juju deploy cinder juju deploy ibm-spectrum-scale-client juju deploy ibm-cinder-spectrumscale juju add-relation ibm-cinder-spectrumscale ibm-spectrum-scale-client juju add-relation ibm-cinder-spectrumscale cinder
The charm would be deployed and will wait for the GPFS mount point value from the user.
To set this run the following command:
juju config ibm-cinder-spectrumscale gpfs_mount_point_base="path/to/the/mount/point"
All the values in config.yaml file can be configured as shown below:
juju config ibm-cinder-spectrumscale gpfs_user_login="loginname" juju config ibm-cinder-spectrumscale gpfs_images_dir="gpfsdirpath"
- (string) Specifies the path of the Image service repository in GPFS. Leave undefined if not storing images in GPFS.
- (string) Specifies the type of image copy to be used. Set this when the Image service repository also uses GPFS so that image files can be transferred efficiently from the Image service to the Block Storage service. There are two valid values: "copy" specifies that a full copy of the image is made; "copy_on_write" specifies that copy-on-write optimization strategy is used and unmodified blocks of the image file are shared efficiently.
- (string) Specifies the path of the GPFS directory where Block Storage volume and snapshot files are stored.
- (string) Filename of private key to use for SSH authentication
- (boolean) Specifies that volumes are created as sparse files which initially consume no space. If set to False, the volume is created as a fully allocated file, in which case, creation may take a significantly longer time.
- (int) SSH port to use
- (string) Specifies the storage pool that volumes are assigned to. By default, the system storage pool is used.
- (string) Username for GPFS nodes
- (string) This value denotes the volume driver value.