Keystone is an OpenStack project that provides Identity, Token, Catalog and
Policy services for use specifically by projects in the OpenStack family. It
implements OpenStack’s Identity API.
This charm provides Keystone, the Openstack identity service. It's target
platform is Ubuntu Precise + Openstack Essex. This has not been tested
using Oneiric + Diablo.
It provides two interfaces.
- identity-service: Openstack API endpoints request an entry in the Keystone service catalog + endpoint template catalog. When a relation is established, Keystone receives: service name, region, public_url, admin_url and internal_url. It first checks that the requested service is listed as a supported service. This list should stay updated to support current Openstack core services. If the services is supported, a entry in the service catalog is created, an endpoint template is created and a admin token is generated. The other end of the relation recieves the token as well as info on which ports Keystone is listening. - keystone-service: This is currently only used by Horizon/dashboard as its interaction with Keystone is different from other Openstack API servicies. That is, Horizon requests a Keystone role and token exists. During a relation, Horizon requests its configured default role and Keystone responds with a token and the auth + admin ports on which Keystone is listening.
Keystone requires a database. By default, a local sqlite database is used.
The charm supports relations to a shared-db via mysql-shared interface. When
a new data store is configured, the charm ensures the minimum administrator
credentials exist (as configured via charm configuration)
- (string) Admin password. To be used *for testing only*. Randomly generated by default.
- (int) Port the bind the Admin API server to
- (string) Admin role to be associated with admin and service users
- (string) Admin token. If set, this token will be used for all services instead of being generated per service.
- (string) Default admin user to create and manage
- (string) Location of keystone configuration file
- (string) Database name
- (string) Database username
- (string) Enable verbose logging
- (string) Role that allows admin operations (access to all operations)
- (string) Role that allows acting as service admin
- (string) Repository from which to install. May be one of the following: distro (default), ppa:somecustom/ppa, a deb url sources entry, or a supported Cloud Archive release pocket. Supported Cloud Archive sources include: cloud:precise-folsom, cloud:precise-folsom/updates, cloud:precise-folsom/staging, cloud:precise-folsom/proposed. Note that updating this setting to a source that is known to provide a later version of OpenStack will trigger a software upgrade.
- (int) Port the bind the API server to
- (string) Name of tenant to associate service credentials.
- (string) Expiration date of generated admin tokens
- (string) Enable debug logging