logstash is a tool for managing events and logs. You can use it to collect logs, parse them, and store them for later use (like, for searching). Speaking of searching, logstash comes with a web interface for searching and drilling into all of your logs.
- applications ›
Juju Charm for logstash
This charm uses deb packages from http://logstash.net/docs/1.4.2/repositories or whatever is configured by the apt-repository setting.
Inputs : TCP - relate a charm which supports writing log to TCP port Outputs : elasticsearch - create relationship with elasticsearch charm
disabled the web service ... use kibana! (also joinable charm)
example 1 - NOOP ELK
juju deploy local:trusty/logstash juju deploy local:trusty/elasticsearch juju deploy local:trusty/kibana juju add-relation kibana elasticsearch:rest juju add-relation logstash elasticsearch juju expose kibana
example 2 - something logging
juju deploy local:trusty/logstash juju deploy local:trusty/elasticsearch juju deploy local:trusty/kibana juju add-relation kibana elasticsearch:rest juju add-relation logstash elasticsearch juju deploy local:trusty/somecharmwhichlogs juju add-relation logstash somecharmwhichlogs juju expose kibana
Using the charm in fat mode
In the course of operations, it may come to pass, the need to deploy a
charm which does not use an external repository.
Rather than maintain a different charm, this charm has the ability to
convert itself to a fat charm. Run the
make fat command to fetch
the logstash package from the internet and insert it into this tree.
When the charm is in fat mode, the apt-repository and apt-key-url are immutable settings. You can change them, but that will remove the charm from fat mode and trigger remote access for apt-repository and apt-key-url.
- (string) The URL for the key for the APT repository.
- (string) A sources.list entry line.
- deb http://packages.elasticsearch.org/logstash/1.4/debian stable main
- (string) Extra configuration for logstash.
- (string) Used by the nrpe subordinate charms. A string that will be prepended to instance name to set the host name in nagios. So for instance the hostname would be something like: juju-myservice-0 If you're running multiple environments with the same services in them this allows you to differentiate between them.
- (string) A comma-separated list of nagios servicegroups. If left empty, the nagios_context will be used as the servicegroup.