10Duke's File+ Lite is a file management and file conversion web application. File+ Lite provides service through a REST API.
File+ Lite is a dedicated file management and file conversion API for online files and media. Simple to integrate, it provides an engine that allows large scale online file storage as well as the mapping of input files to series of commands for producing file conversion by means of configuration. File+ Lite allows you to take control of your file and media ingest, management and output using a REST API.
File+ Lite is a free version of full the featured 10Duke File+ product. The API is the same for both versions, which means integrations can transition from one version to another easily. The main differences between the version are:
|Lite version||Full feature version|
|Database||HSQL||PostgreSql and mongodb|
|Scalability||Single node||Supports clustering of all components, limited by infrastructure|
|File conversion||Images only||Supports conversion from a wide variety of source types to multiple target types|
|Backup||-||Supports use of any standard file system level tools and database management tools|
|Restoring data||-||Supports use of any standard file system level tools and database management tools|
To deploy your dedicated File+ backend.
juju deploy fileplus-lite juju expose fileplus-lite
You can specify a storage parameters for your File+ instance using a Juju storage parameters.
juju deploy fileplus-lite --storage <label>=<pool>,<size>,count
To deploy a File+ instance using Amazon's EC2 provider following storage parameters can be applied.
juju deploy fileplus-lite --storage data=ebs,10G
In addition to Juju storage interface the persistent datasource for the File+ instance can be obtained using a NFS server.
juju deploy nfs juju deploy fileplus-lite juju add-relation nfs:nfs fileplus-lite:nfs
NOTE: deployment will download Apache Tomcat 8 and use SHA-1 signature verification. In practice this means that two URLs are used whe installing Tomcat: one for downloading Tomcat and one for downloading the SHA-1 reference checksum. The SHA-1 checksum URL is constructed by appending ".sha1" to the Tomcat download URL.
You may download example bash scripts from 10Duke's developer site for a quick start to test your new File+ deployment.
File + API documentation and developer guide provides provides detailed documentation about using File+
There are multiple configuration parameters related to deployment of File+ service. Please note that some of the parameters are only applied when the service is initialized the first time.
The File+ Lite license is hosted at https://www.10duke.com/products/file/license_lite.jsp.
The human friendly summary of the license is:
- with File+ Lite you can use File+ for online file management and file conversion on a commercial or not-for-profit basis
- it is provided as a zero cost license
- IP and copyright remain with 10Duke
- you may make copies of the binaries for backup purposes
- you may not distribute any parts of the product forward to third parties
- you may not try to reverse engineer the application
- if you are using File+ Lite as part of a publicly available online application, we ask to you provide a link to www.10duke.com
- if you are not sure, just ask us. We are very friendly and here to help.
10Duke Software Home: http://www.10duke.com/
File+ product see http://www.10duke.com/products/filePlus.jsp
Developer Guide see https://developer.10duke.com/file/
- (string) a list of additional software packages required by the application.
- imagemagick exif
- (string) a custom header name for application war file download request. The value of this parameter denotes the header name to use in download request authorization.
- (string) The download url for application war deployment file.
- (string) a custom header value for application war file download request. The value of this parameter denotes the value use in download request authorization (as value for header defined by parameter app_war_dl_value).
- (string) The url to retrieve application version currently available (description as json).
- (string) a site list allowed to access content from this fileplus deployment. The value must be a regular expression that is valid for the Oracle Java JDK 8 implementation.
- (string) a database password to access stand-alone HSQL database file.
- (string) a database username to access stand-alone HSQL database file.
- (string) the main account email address used to access File+ service. Please note, that the value is applied only once when server is started first time. Use this email when signin in the main user.
- (string) the main account first name.
- (string) the main account last name.
- (string) the main account password to access File+ service. Please note that the value is applied only once when server is started first time.
- (string) Tomcat Application Server version string.