Landscape is a web-based tool for managing Ubuntu systems. This package is necessary if you want your machine to be managed in a Landscape account. This package provides the Landscape client and requires a Landscape account.
Landscape client is the agent for the Landscape administration system.
This subordinate charm is intended to be used to register a machine against a running Landscape server. Configuration needs to be supplied or it won't do anything. Here is a simple config.yaml to register against the hosted version of Landscape:
The following is a version if you need to customize the communication URL in case you are running against a dedicated version of Landscape (LDS), This version also sets Script exection, and allows landscape to become any user (even root), to execute scripts:
landscape-client: account-name: standalone registration-key: 128-qosk-7382 tags: laptop,precise,developer ping-url: http://landscape.example.com/ping url: https://landscape.example.com/message-system script-users: ALL include-manager-plugins: ScriptExecution
Landscape client has a number of configuration options available allowing customizability into a variety of environments where resources may be scarce or security may be a concern. The most useful and common options are documented below.
To get more detail on options, these correlate directly to configuration settings on landscape-client itself. (landscape-client(1), landscape-client --help)
account-name: Name of the account to register against in the hosted version of Landscape. In the dedicated version of Landscape (LDS), this will always be "standalone"
registration-key: The account registration key, found in the Landscape account GUI.
tags: Comma separated list of tags to apply to the computer once it is registered.
url: The server url to connect to, will usually be https and end with /message-system
ping-url: If the server url is specified, ping-url should also be specified. Will usually be http and end with /ping
include-manager-plugins: This option is primarily used to enable the ScriptExecution plugin, which allows arbitrary scripts to be executed on the registered computer.
script-users: Comma-separated list of users that the landscape client can become to execute scripts. Keyword "ALL" can be used to include all users on the system.
Author: Landscape Team email@example.com, Report bugs at: http://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+source/landscape-client/+filebug Location: http://jujucharms.com/charms/landscape-client
- (string) The account this computer belongs to.
- (string) Autodiscovery string for DNS A queries
- (string) Autodiscovery string for DNS SRV queries
- (string) The directory to store data files in (default: '/var/lib/landscape/client/').
- (int) The number of seconds between server exchanges.
- (string) The URL of the HTTP proxy, if one is needed.
- (string) The URL of the HTTPS proxy, if one is needed.
- (string) A comma-separated list of manager plugins to load.
- (string) The directory to write log files to (default: '/var/log/landscape').
- (string) One of debug, info, warning, error or critical.
- (string) Origin of ppa or private deb repository from which to install landscape-client. May be one of the following: distro (default), ppa:somecustom/ppa or a full APT url source entry with optional key. For example: deb https://firstname.lastname@example.org/myrepo precise main|YOURAPTKEY" Also supported is a public branch like lp:~landscape/landscape-client/trunk
- (int) The number of seconds between pings.
- (string) The URL to perform lightweight exchange initiation with.
- (string) The account-wide key used for registering clients.
- (string) A comma-separated list of users to allow scripts to run. To allow scripts to be run by any user, enter: ALL
- (boolean) Enable server autodiscovery.
- (string) The public SSL key to verify the server. Only used if the given URL is https.
- (string) Comma separated list of tag names to be sent to the server.
- (int) The number of seconds between urgent server exchanges.
- (string) The server URL to connect to.