Jenkins is a Continous Integration server supporting flexible continous integration and deployment methodologies and more. . This charm provides the Jenkins master instance in a deployment
Jenkins Charm for Juju
This charm (along with its companion, jenkins-slave) provide an easy way to deploy Jenkins on Ubuntu server and scale out jenkins slaves::
juju deploy jenkins juju deploy -n 5 jenkins-slave juju add-relation jenkins jenkins-slave
The default password for the 'admin' account will be auto-generated.
You can set it using::
juju set jenkins password=mypassword
Always change it this way - this account is used by the charm to manage slave configuration.
Then feel free to expose your jenkins master::
juju expose jenkins
The jenkins UI will be accessible on http://
Extending this charm
If you wish to perform custom configuration of either the master or slave services, you can branch this charm and add install hooks into hooks/install.d.
These will be executed when the main install, config-changed or upgrade-charm hooks are executed (as the config-changed and upgrade-charm hooks just call install)..
Additional hooks are executed in the context of the install hook so may use any variables which are defined in this hook.
- (string) Simple flags intended to be consumed by the scripts in install.d. Allowing further deploy-time flexability. For example, a flag called 'production' could signify special scripts should be executed that would normally be disabled.
- (string) Base64 encoded tar.gz to extract in the jenkins user's home directory. The tar.gz should have relative paths rooted in the home directory itself. e.g.: ./.ssh/config
- (string) Admin user password - used to manage slave nodes so please don't change in Jenkins.
- (string) Space separated list of plugins to install
- (string) Set to no to allow downloading from an invalid https site.
- (string) Site to download plugin .hpi files from.
- (string) Source of Jenkins, options include: - distro: only use the Ubuntu distribution - this is the default and only works on >= Oneiric. - lts: use the most recent Jenkins LTS release. - trunk: use the most recent Jenkins release.
- (string) Set this to yes to remove any plugins not listed in plugins from the installation.
- (string) Tooling to deploy alongside jenkins
- git gcc make bzr
- (string) Admin user username - used to manage slave nodes so please don't change in Jenkins.