Neutron is a virtual network service for Openstack, and a part of Netstack. Just like OpenStack Nova provides an API to dynamically request and configure virtual servers, Neutron provides an API to dynamically request and configure virtual networks. These networks connect "interfaces" from other OpenStack services (e.g., virtual NICs from Nova VMs). The Neutron API supports extensions to provide advanced network capabilities (e.g., QoS, ACLs, network monitoring, etc.) . This charm provides the OpenStack Neutron Calico Agent, managing L3 connectivity on nova-compute services.
- openstack ›
This subordinate charm provides the Neutron Calico configuration for a compute node.
Once deployed it takes over the management of the Neutron base and plugin configuration on the compute node.
For more information on Calico, check out the Project Calico homepage.
To deploy (partial deployment of linked charms only):
juju deploy rabbitmq-server juju deploy cs:~cory-benfield/neutron-api juju deploy nova-compute juju deploy cs:~cory-benfield/etcd juju deploy cs:~cory-benfield/neutron-calico juju add-relation neutron-calico nova-compute juju add-relation neutron-calico neutron-api juju add-relation neutron-calico rabbitmq-server juju add-relation neutron-calico etcd:etcd-peer
When deploying at scale, you should optionally add a BGP route reflector:
juju deploy cs:~cory-benfield/bird juju add-relation neutron-calico bird
It should only be used with OpenStack Icehouse and above and requires a seperate neutron-api service to have been deployed.
- (string) Repository from which to install Calico packages. May be one of the following options: default, or ppa:somecustom/ppa. Note that this must be set before the 'install' hook runs.
- (boolean) Enable debug logging
- (boolean) Enable Calico's IPv6 support. Requires that all nodes with this charm installed on them have global scope IPv6 addresses.
- (string) Username used to access RabbitMQ queue
- (string) RabbitMQ vhost
- (boolean) By default, all services will log into their corresponding log files. Setting this to True will force all services to log to the syslog.
- (boolean) Enable verbose logging