it is a generic overlay network that can be used as a simple alternative to existing software defined networking solutions
Flannel is a virtual network that gives a subnet to each host for use with container runtimes.
This charm will deploy flannel as a background service, and configure CNI for
use with flannel, on any principal charm that implements the
This charm is maintained along with the components of Charmed Kubernetes. For full information, please visit the official Charmed Kubernetes docs.
Building the charm
charm build -o <build-dir>
Building the flannel resources
- (string) Network CIDR to assign to Flannel
- (string) The interface to bind flannel overlay networking. The default value is the interface bound to the cni endpoint.
- (string) Used by the nrpe subordinate charms. A string that will be prepended to instance name to set the host name in nagios. So for instance the hostname would be something like: juju-myservice-0 If you're running multiple environments with the same services in them this allows you to differentiate between them.
- (string) A comma-separated list of nagios servicegroups. If left empty, the nagios_context will be used as the servicegroup
- (int) Network port to use for Flannel
- (int) VXLAN network id to assign to Flannel