Kubernetes is an open-source platform for deplying, scaling, and operations
of appliation containers across a cluster of hosts. Kubernetes is portable
in that it works with public, private, and hybrid clouds. Extensible through
a pluggable infrastructure. Self healing in that it will automatically
restart and place containers on healthy nodes if a node ever goes away.
This charm deploys a container runtime, and additionally stands up the Kubernetes
worker applications: kubelet, and kube-proxy.
In order for this charm to be useful, it should be deployed with its companion
and linked with an SDN-Plugin.
This charm has also been bundled up for your convenience so you can skip the
above steps, and deploy it with a single command:
juju deploy canonical-kubernetes
For more information about Canonical Kubernetes
consult the bundle
To add additional compute capacity to your Kubernetes workers, you may
juju add-unit scale the cluster of applications. They will automatically
join any related kubernetes-master, and enlist themselves as ready once the
deployment is complete.
The kubernetes-worker charm supports the following Operational Actions:
Resuming the workload will uncordon a paused unit. Workloads will automatically migrate unless otherwise directed via their application declaration.
Kubernetes workers currently only support 'phaux' HA scenarios. Even when configured with an HA cluster string, they will only ever contact the first unit in the cluster map. To enalbe a proper HA story, kubernetes-worker units are encouraged to proxy through a kubeapi-load-balancer
application. This enables a HA deployment without the need to
re-render configuration and disrupt the worker services.
External access to pods must be performed through a Kubernetes
Ingress Resource. More
- (boolean) Enable GRUB cgroup overrides cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1. WARNING changing this option will reboot the host - use with caution on production services
- (string) URL to use for HTTP_PROXY to be used by Docker. Only useful in closed environments where a proxy is the only option for routing to the registry to pull images
- (string) URL to use for HTTPS_PROXY to be used by Docker. Only useful in closed environments where a proxy is the only option for routing to the registry to pull images
- (boolean) Deploy the default http backend and ingress controller to handle ingress requests.
- (boolean) Toggle installation from ubuntu archive vs the docker PPA