ScaleIO SDC service
- storage ›
This charm provides deployment of ScaleIO SDC.
It cannot be placed into containers because it installs kernel driver and does other low-level operations.
Before deployment you might want to make sure that kernel you have on the nodes for ScaleIO SDC installation (compute and cinder nodes in case of OpenStack deployment) is suitable for the drivers present here:
ftp://QNzgdxXix:Aw3wFAwAq3@ftp.emc.com/. Look for something like
Ubuntu/2.0.5014.0/4.2.0-30-generic. Local kernel version can be found with
uname -a command.
The charm can be fetched from the JuJu charm-store.
Or it can be installed locally in the following manner:
- cd to directory where trusty/scaleio-sdc resides
- use command
juju deploy local:trusty/scaleio-sdc
Deploy an SDC
juju deploy scaleio-sdc
Connect SDC to MDM
juju add-relation scaleio-sdc scaleio-mdm
Add two more SDCs
juju add-unit scaleio-sdc -n 2
- scaleio-packages-url - URL of ScaleIO 2.x packages where charm can find them in appropriate structure.
- scaleio-driver-ftp - FTP to fetch ScaleIO SDC drivers from
Should be related to scaleio-mdm.
Usage with OpenStack
Should be placed in the same machines where nova-compute or cinder charms reside.
- (string) URL for driver_sync.sh script from sdc package to sync & verify driver.
- (string) URL of ScaleIO packages where charm can find them in appropriate structure.