ScaleIO OpenStack integration charm
This charm provides connection of ScaleIO cluster to OpenStack.
Its units should be placed in the same machines as scaleio-sdc and nova-compute or cinder or glance.
It should be connected to the ScaleIO Gateway and only service of this type should be present.
It prepares (configures and patches if required) nova-compute, cinder and glance to use ScaleIO as a block storage.
It supports both block storage volumes operations and nova ephemeral storage for instances including live migration.
Important: ScaleIO supports only 8gb increases for storage allocation so special flavors for storage in multiples of 8
should be created in OpenStack.
Important: scaleio-sdc charm should be installed on the same machine (host) as scaleio-openstack to serve nova-compute, cinder or glance.
The charm can be fetched from the JuJu charm-store.
Or it can be installed locally in the following manner:
- cd to directory where trusty/scaleio-openstack resides
- use command
juju deploy local:trusty/scaleio-openstack
Deploy the connector
juju deploy scaleio-openstack
Configure protection domains and storage pools
juju set scaleio-openstack protection-domains="pd1" storage-pools="sp1"
Connect it to the Gateway
juju add-relation scaleio-gw scaleio-openstack
- protection-domains - Comma-separated list of protection domains
- storage-pools - Comma-separated list of storage pools
- provisioning-type - Volume provisioning type thin or thick
- verify-server-certificate - Verify server certificate while connecting to ScaleIO Gateway from nova/cinder code parts
- server-certificate-path - Certificate path for validating server certificate
- round-volume-capacity - Round up volume capacity or not while creating. Only Cinder's option.
Should be related to scaleio-gw. Reconfiguration of OpenStack is done when relation is set.
- (string) Comma-separated list of protection domain names
- (string) Define volumes as thick, where the entire capacity is provisioned for storage, or thin, where only the capacity currently needed is provisioned. Can be "thick" or "thin".
- (boolean) Round up volume capacity. Only Cinder's option.
- (string) Server certificate path.
- (string) Comma-separated list of storage pool names
- (boolean) Verify server certificate.