FreeRDP is a free implementation of the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
released under the Apache license.
FreeRDP is a free implementation of the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), released under the Apache license. This charm provides Free RDP in order to view the consoles of machines booted inside the OpenStack.
juju deploy free-rdp juju add-relation free-rdp active-directory juju add-relation free-rdp keystone juju add-relation free-rdp nova-hyperv
In order to make use of this charm, it must have a relation with
nova-hyperv, which is supposed to be inside an Active-Directory domain and with
keystone. For the moment in
keystone, config option
preferred-api-version has to be set to
2 because version
3 is not supported.
This charm is similar to VNC in terms of functionality, so a prerequisite to integrate this into OpenStack is to set the config option
vnc for the
nova-cloud-controller charm in order to install the package
Custom URL for FreeRDP dependency can be configured by the operator of the charm. This is addressed towards users that have not yet migrated to Juju 2.0, but need to keep downloads limited to the internal network, or need to validate any binaries that get installed inside their infrastructure. Users that do use Juju 2.0 can leverage juju resources.
juju config vcredist-url=http://example.com/vcredist.exe juju config installer-url=http://example.com/FreeRDPWebConnect.msi
You can browse to
http://ip-address:port in order to use it separately from OpenStack.
- (boolean) The hostname set inside the newly spawned machine is usually the same as the name of the instance being spawned. In cases where the instance name is larger then 15 characters (maximum size for windows NetBios names), the instance name gets truncated to the first 15 characters. This creates a problem, as hostnames in active directory, for example, are very important. Having more then one machine with the same hostname try to join the same domain, will create trust issues. This option allows changing the hostname of the current running system to a combination of the first 14 (or less, depending on how many digits the unit number has) characters of the charm name and the unit number. While this is not infallible, It does have less of a chance of creating hostname conflicts.
- (boolean) Enable debug logging
- (string) Http listening address
- (int) Set non-SSL listener port. If omitted, no listener will be started
- (string) Https listening address
- (int) Set SSL listener port. If omitted, no SSL listener will be started.
- (string) Overwrite default installer location. If you use this option, you may enable file integrity checking by specifying an md5sum at the end of the URL as follows: https://example.com/installer.msi#md5=<hash>
- (boolean) Redirect permanently to https If listeners for both SSL and non-SSL are configured, enabling this, will answer all requests on the non-SSL port with a HTTP redirect response pointing to the SSL port.
- (string) Tenant username required for keystone.
- (string) C++ Redistributable Packages install run-time components that are required to run C++ applications. It is required when the installer-url is an msi.
- (boolean) Enable verbose logging