Cinder is the block storage service for OpenStack.
This charm provides the Cinder volume block service for OpenStack on Windows. It can be configured with either iSCSI local storage or using the SMB driver with access to an SMB share.
Charm requires the other core OpenStack services deployed: mysql, rabbitmq-server, keystone and nova-cloud-controller. Typical deployments are:
Local storage with iSCSI backend enabled
juju deploy cs:~cloudbaseit/cinder juju config cinder enabled-backends="iscsi" juju add-relation cinder mysql juju add-relation cinder rabbitmq-server juju add-relation cinder glance
Shared storage with SMB backend enabled
Besides the core OpenStack services charms, the following charms should also be deployed: active-directory, wsfc, s2d-proxy.
juju deploy cs:~cloudbaseit/cinder juju config cinder enabled-backends="smb" juju add-relation cinder-volume mysql juju add-relation cinder-volume rabbitmq-server juju add-relation cinder-volume glance juju add-relation cinder-volume active-directory juju add-relation cinder-volume 'wsfc:wsfc' juju add-relation 'cinder-volume:smb-share' s2d-proxy
hostname- This should be set if the Cinder units are using shared storage and cluster generic service role is not created through the relation
cluster-servicewith wsfc charm.
change-hostname- In case OpenStack provider is used, due to the hostname length limitation on Windows this configuration option should be set to
installer-url- If this is not set, it defaults to one of the official Cloudbase download links (this is chosen depending on the configured OpenStack version).
enabled-backends- It dictates which Cinder volume driver to be used. The charm can also be configured with multiple backends enabled.
- (string) Computer group that will be joined after adding AD relation
- (string) Organizational unit container used after joining AD domain
- (string) User that will created after adding AD relation
- (boolean) The hostname set inside the newly spawned machine is usually the same as the name of the instance being spawned. In cases where the instance name is larger then 15 characters (maximum size for windows NetBios names), the instance name gets truncated to the first 15 characters. This creates a problem, as hostnames in active directory, for example, are very important. Having more then one machine with the same hostname try to join the same domain, will create trust issues. This option allows changing the hostname of the current running system to a combination of the first 14 (or less, depending on how many digits the unit number has) characters of the charm name and the unit number. While this is not infallible, It does have less of a chance of creating hostname conflicts.
- (string) Name for the cluster generic service role
- (string) Database to request access
- (string) Username to request database access
- (boolean) Enable debug logging
- (string) Default format that will be used when creating volumes if no volume format is specified. Used by the smbfs driver. Defaults to 'vhdx'.
- (boolean) Delay starting the cinder-volume service until the relation with WSFC that creates a cluster service is established.
- (string) A space-separated list of enabled backends for Cinder Volume. Valid choices are: * iscsi * smb
- (string) Hostname reported by all cinder agents. It defaults to the computer hostname. If this is set, only the cinder volume agent from the leader unit will be running. This option should be set when shared storage is used in order to avoid cinder reporting wrong storage available.
- (string) Overwrite default installer location. Take care to set the correct openstack-version as that will be used by the charm to pick the correct config templates. If you use this option, you may enable file integrity checking by specifying an md5sum at the end of the URL as follows: https://example.com/installer.msi#md5=<hash>
- (string) Log folder location. Defaults to: '<system_drive_letter>:\OpenStack\Log'.
- (string) Percent of actual usage of the underlying volume before no new volumes can be allocated to the volume destination. Used by the smbfs driver. Defaults to '1.0'.
- (string) Version of Openstack Cinder to install. This is used to generate conf file and to choose the default installer url in case it is not specified in the config option. Choices are: * mitaka * newton * ocata
- (string) This will compare the allocated to available space on the volume destination. If the ratio exceeds this number, the destination will no longer be valid. Used by the smbfs driver. Defaults to '1.0'.
- (string) Username used to access RabbitMQ queue
- (string) RabbitMQ virtual host
- (boolean) Enable verbose logging