This is an exporter that exposes information gathered from Ceph for use by the Prometheus monitoring system.
Juju prometheus Ceph exporter charm
Introduction and Preparation
The charm implements ceph-exporter functionality for Prometheus, it consumes the prometheus-ceph-exporter snap package, Charm needs to be deployed where Ceph is running, a special read-only account ("exporter") will be created by the charm. Since the snap is confined to his own filesystem, ceph config file and "exporter" keyring will be created in ($SNAP_DATA) :
How to Deploy:
From the MAAS host:
export JUJU_REPOSITORY=$PWD/charms export INTERFACE_PATH=$PWD/interfaces
Build the charm
charm build -s xenial
Deploy the charm
juju deploy local:xenial/prometheus-ceph-exporter juju add-relation prometheus-ceph-exporter ceph-mon:client
To change the port, refer to the daemon_arguments provided by the snap package at: /var/snap/prometheus-ceph-exporter/current/daemon_arguments
- (string) The IP address and netmask of the 'access' network (e.g. 192.168.0.0/24) . This network will be used for access to the ceph-exporter metrics.
- (string) Daemon arguments to pass to the exporter.
- (string) A string that will be prepended to instance name to set the host name in nagios. So for instance the hostname would be something like: juju-myservice-0 If you're running multiple environments with the same services in them this allows you to differentiate between them.
- (string) Comma separated list of nagios servicegroups for the graphite check
- (string) HTTP/HTTPS web proxy for Snappy to use when accessing the snap store.
- (string) The address of a Snappy Enterprise Proxy to use for snaps e.g. http://snap-proxy.example.com