Installs the plex media center on ubuntu
This charm provides Plex Media Server
juju deploy plex
You can then browse to http://ip-address:32400/web to configure the plex server.
Scale out Usage
This charm does not adderss multi-server configurations at this time.
Known Limitations and Issues
This only currently installs plex, in the future it can be expanded to
* select latest release on install * upgrade versions after install * relate to media providers to trigger automatic library scans * change default port configuration
Note the configuration option "download-url" was set during initial charm creation. New versions or plex pass versions may be available. Plex does not maintain a repository for automatic updates. This option should be set to the latest release while deploying to get the latest version.
Addational optoins are provided to configure the host:
* hostname: Set the hostname which plex identifies the server by * interface & address: Set a MAC address, usefull for static DHCP and firewall holes required for configuring plex.
Upstream Project Name
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (int) Number of backups to keep
- (string) Interval to create backup, takes a cron compatible string
- (string) Location to store backups
- (string) The URL to download plex from, this likely should not change.
- (string) The host name to set
- (boolean) Trigger DHCP renew after hostname change
- (int) Number of .deb packages to keep locally, Note have at least 1 deb is recommended for updates.
- (string) Password for plex log-in, provided via relation to other services if set
- (string) A token to download plex-pass releases
- (boolean) Restore a databse from previous install
- (string) Interval to check for plex updates, takes a cron compatible string
- (string) Username for plex log-in, provided via relation to other services if set