Installs the plex media center on ubuntu
This charm provides Plex Media Server
juju deploy plex
You can then browse to http://ip-address:32400/web to configure the plex server.
Scale out Usage
This charm does not adderss multi-server configurations at this time.
Known Limitations and Issues
This only currently installs plex, in the future it can be expanded to
* select latest release on install
* upgrade versions after install
* relate to media providers to trigger automatic library scans
* change default port configuration
Note the configuration option "download-url" was set during initial charm creation. New versions or plex pass versions may be available. Plex does not maintain a repository for automatic updates. This option should be set to the latest release while deploying to get the latest version.
Addational optoins are provided to configure the host:
* hostname: Set the hostname which plex identifies the server by
* interface & address: Set a MAC address, usefull for static DHCP and firewall holes required for configuring plex.
Upstream Project Name
- (int) Number of backups to keep
- (string) Interval to create backup, takes a cron compatible string
- (string) Location to store backups
- (string) The URL to download plex from, this likely should not change.
- (string) The host name to set
- (boolean) Trigger DHCP renew after hostname change
- (int) Number of .deb packages to keep locally, Note have at least 1 deb is recommended for updates.
- (string) Password for plex log-in, provided via relation to other services if set
- (string) A token to download plex-pass releases
- (boolean) Restore a databse from previous install
- (string) Comma separated list of groups to create. User accounts will not be created
- (string) Comma separated list of users to create. Groups with the same name will be created.
- (string) Ensure the provided groups, comma separated, have the GID specified after '='. e.g. ubuntu=1000,storage=1001
- (string) Ensure the users provided, comma separated, are members of the provided groups, colon separated, following '='. e.g. ubuntu=sudo:wheel,storage=storage,sudo
- (string) Ensure the provided users, comma separated, have the UID specified after '='. e.g. ubuntu=1000,storage=1001
- (string) Interval to check for plex updates, takes a cron compatible string
- (string) Username for plex log-in, provided via relation to other services if set