This charm creates an encrypted swap file or partition
- miscellaneous ›
This charm creates an encrypted swap file or partition on your units.
This is a subordinate charm, so deployment will look something like this:
juju deploy apache2
juju deploy cryptswap
juju set cryptswap size=100M
juju add-relation apache2 cryptswap
- path This is the full path name to your swap device.
If you want to use an existing partition, this will typically be something
/dev/sda2. Alternatively, if you want to use a swap file it can be
any valid path (e.g.
/tmp/myswapfile). The default is
- size This only applies to swap files, not partitions. It sets the size of your swap file. Units can be used (e.g. 100M or 1G)
- encryption_key If set, this is the key used to encrypt your swap device. If left empty a random key will be created.
- store_encryption_key If "yes", your encryption key will be
stored on the server, so that the same swap device can be re-enabled after
a reboot. If "no", the key will not be stored and the swap device
will be re-encrypted with a new key after a reboot.
- You cannot (currently) change the size of an existing swap file.
- (string) Operating name of the charm
- (string) A key used to encrypt the swap file or partition If empty, will be randomly created.
- (string) The full path name of the swap file or partition
- (string) Sets how large the swap file should be. The size can contain units (e.g. 10M) For partitions, this option is ignored
- (string) Store the encryption key on the server or not If "no", the swap device will be re-encrypted / re-created on each reboot.