alternative (better) logstash frontend
- applications ›
This charm provides kibana from (http://kibana.org/). Kibana is a search frontend for logstash.
Using This Charm
using this charm :
juju deploy kibana juju expose kibana
not much use on its own ... you'll probably want the full stack
juju deploy elasticsearch juju deploy logstash-indexer juju add-relation logstash-indexer elasticsearch:cluster juju deploy kibana juju add-relation kibana elasticsearch:rest juju expose kibana
browse to http://ip-address to begin searching.
Kibana source tarball will be downloaded and verified according to the configured values in 'kibana_source' and 'kibana_source_checksum', which default to::
It will, obviously, require internet access on deployed nodes.
This behavior can be bypassed by providing
payload prior deployment. The given payload will be used, without any
checksum verification, but respecting the 'kibana_source_unpack_directory'.
listens only on localhost:5601. uses rinetd to redirect ip-addr:80 to localhost:5601. This should allow for haproxy etc to be used in front. Could configure apache reverse proxy in front if you want SSL / .htaccess
supports multiple ES servers in cluster. This should help with balancing the load on ES and dealing with failure.
see logstash-indexer charm's README.md file for usage examples.
- (string) URL to for elasticsearch line in config.sh, defaults to '"http://"+window.location.hostname'
- (string) URL to download the source for kibana
- (string) the sha1sum of the kibana_source
- (string) the name of the directory the tar.gz will unpack to
- (string) The url path of kibana. This is required if kibana is proxied at a non root path. e.g. http://example.com/kibana/
- (int) The tcp port on which nginx will listen.