This charm provides installation of juju, lxd, and other prerequisites needed on a juju managed node that will run openstack-on-lxd bundle from james-page.
This charm is used to configure the LXD and JUJU prerequisites for the openstack-on-lxd juju bundle as developed by james-page.
The openstack-on-lxd bundle can be found in /home/ubuntu/openstack-on-lxd
In Bionic, the lxd and lxd-client packages are pre-installed via APT. A new LXD version exists and is installed via snap, but a manual step is required to purge the APT packages.
juju status shows the unit blocked due to
LXD is installed via apt,
the following action needs to be run:
juju run-action --wait juju-lxd/0 purge-lxd-apt
The previous manual step is required in case the LXD service installed via
APT manages any LXD container. After running the action, the
hook will resume the snapped LXD configuration.
LXD unix group members are synced every 5 minutes. The
lxd-group Juju config
parameter lists the LDAP unix groups monitored for member updates.
- (string) Space separated list of extra deb packages to install.
- (string) List of signing keys for install_sources package sources, per charmhelpers standard format (a yaml list of strings encoded as a string). The keys should be the full ASCII armoured GPG public keys. While GPG key ids are also supported and looked up on a keyserver, operators should be aware that this mechanism is insecure. null can be used if a standard package signing key is used that will already be installed on the machine, and for PPA sources where the package signing key is securely retrieved from Launchpad.
- (string) List of extra apt sources, per charm-helpers standard format (a yaml list of strings encoded as a string). Each source may be either a line that can be added directly to sources.list(5), or in the form ppa:<user>/<ppa-name> for adding Personal Package Archives, or a distribution component to enable.
- (string) user group that should have members added to local lxd group (additional groups can be added with comma separation)
- (string) The status of service-affecting packages will be set to this value in the dpkg database. Valid values are "install" and "hold".
- (string) How often snapd handles updates for installed snaps. The default (an empty string) is 4x per day. Set to "max" to check once per month based on the charm deployment date. You may also set a custom string as described in the 'refresh.timer' section here: https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/system-options/87
- (boolean) Whether to use zfs backend for LXD storage - default is dir