snmpd is an SNMP agent which binds to a port and awaits requests from SNMP management software. Upon receiving a request, it processes the request(s), collects the requested information and/or performs the requested operation(s) and returns the information to the sender.
Juju SNMPD subordinate charm
This subordinate charm will deploy snmpd
juju deploy snmpd juju add-relation ubuntu snmpd
To retrieve the configured pass phrases, run the below commands,
juju run-action --wait snmpd/X show-auth-pass-phrase juju run-action --wait snmpd/X show-priv-pass-phrase
- Pass phrases can be updated either as an option or as include-file in the YAML format.
snmpv3_pass_phrase: default: | --- auth_pass_phrase: "auth_password" priv_pass_phrase: "priv_password" description: | Define the default authentication and privacy pass phrases to use for SNMPv3 requests. example (using include-file): snmpv3_pass_phrase: include-file://snmpd_pass_phrase.yaml
Irrespective of the previous
security_name, it creates new user but pass phrases can be updated for the same user.
Ex: If you changed the pass phrases for the same user, previous pass phrases never work, but works with the latest supplied pass phrases.
- (string) Multi-line string that contains ACL's, will be copied directly into the snmpd.conf
- (string) Authentication protocol to use for SNMPv3 request (MD5|SHA)
- (string) Space separated list of extra deb packages to install. Examples: "package1,package2"
- (string) YAML list of GPG keys for installation sources, as a string. For apt repository URLs, use the public key ID used to verify package signatures. For other sources such as PPA, use empty string. This list must have the same number of elements as install_sources, even if the key items are all empty string. An example to go with the above for install_sources: install_keys: | - "" - ""
- (string) YAML list of additional installation sources, as a string. The number of install_sources must match the number of install_keys. For example: install_sources: | - ppa:project1/ppa - ppa:project2/ppa
- (string) Multi-line string containing other valid snmpd.conf statements that are appended to the snmpd.conf
- (string) Privacy protocol to use for SNMPv3 request (DES|AES)
- (string) Defines the default security name to use for SNMPv3 requests.
- (string) Define the default authentication and privacy pass phrases to use for SNMPv3 requests. example (using include-file): snmpv3_pass_phrase: include-file://snmpd_pass_phrase.yaml
- --- auth_pass_phrase: "auth_password" priv_pass_phrase: "priv_password"
- (string) The textual identification of the contact person for this managed node, together with information on how to contact this person."
- Your Name <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- (string) The physical location of this node (e.g., 'telephone closet, 3rd floor').